Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some truths about AO

Some truths about AO

1. Posting in old threads (ones where the date is flashing) without good reason will get you neg'd (adding "lol" to a thread is NOT good reason)
    2. Bitchin about negs only gets more negs
    3. Asking for greens only gets reds
    4. 5 lines does not a tutorial make
    5. good Speeling and gramor make a post easier to read
    6. If people cant understand what your trying to say they will not reply/help
    7. lame attempts at social engineering (i lost my hotmail password will someone hack xxxxxxx@hotmail.com and get my password back?) are not big and not clever and o not work around here.
    8. The way in which the media uses the term hacker is not its proper definition and people around here will be very quick to tell you so
    9. Yes we all do work for the FBI/RIAA/NSA/CIA
    10. the number of positive AP's you have is directly proportional to your penis size (or boob size for those female members - thanks MsM....btw with your amount of AP's how do you stand up straight oO)
    11. Mods are not here to simply more your thread to the correct forum - that's your responsability when posting
    12. The use of AO and its forums is a privlage not a right
    13. Some people will be dicks - this is the internet, it happens, deal with it
    14. Length of membership != amount of knowledge
    15. to be treated as an adult you have to act like one first
    16. FAQ's are there for a reason
    17. Personnal disagreements are best discussed in PM's
    18. Yes we are aware the color scheme sucks - dont like it set your monitor to greyscale.

*By Und3ertak3r (AP assignment message)
    19. If you Cut and Paste.. supply a source.. and dont plagerise

*By Egaladeist
    20. Don't post the same question twice in different forums...your question will not be answered faster by more posts...but the negs will come alot faster! I just warned someone the other day who did this and he deleted one of them.

*By Black Cluster
    21. Posting meaninglessly will get you negged.... if you insist to do so, you will get banned soon.
    22. When posting a new thread try to make it clear and informative yet short. Pleonasm is not good. If the members felt that there is no enought information they will ask you for more.

*By mathgirl32
    23. Believe it or not there is more than 1 thread titled "Help!" This can make things difficult to search for. Make decriptive and concise thread titles

*By Ennis
    24. Ennis is mystical, in fact he once ran GCC with a iron fist before Negative came along and all of a sudden it was a demoracy. If you smite Ennis remember he is always lurking and may suddenly edit your next poll for no reason.

*More by v_Ln
    25. Sometimes Mods (esp Drunken Irish ejits) talk alot of rubbish......but we humour them anyways

If anyone can think of anymore feel free to add them

edit >> will keep adding more to it as they pop up in this thread until I reach the edit time limit (maybe a mod might be able to add them after that?) So keep them coming guys (and girls of course)

v_Ln

Hi valhallen,

Good Post !!! But do you think anybody but us will read it ? If we go by past experience...not bloody likely I'd say...they don't like to read

My contribution:Number 19: Don't post the same question twice in different forums...your question will not be answered faster by more posts...but the negs will come alot faster! I just warned someone the other day who did this and he deleted one of them.

Eg

Blast From the Past
    usefull bit of info.....

stated many times before in random places through out AO

now all in 1 place for all to read

i vote for a sticky
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

gamer machine finaly runs amd xp 3000 1024 gigs pc3200 ram 160gig hdd sata 7200rpm 128meg ati vid card gigabyte board with nvidia nforce 2pro chipset
    lol.. who need a HDD when you have that much ram..

oops sry v_Ln..

still haveing a chuckle over #10.. .. I know my numbers.. and have a hint at.. omfg..Gore.. !!! Stay away from my daughter..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Boy thats a lot of memories ! holy crap !

Re: Some truths about AO

[10] the number of positive AP's you have is directly proportional to your penis size
    Damn. Unfair rule
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    10. the number of positive AP's you have is directly proportional to your penis size
    So I guess for our female big AP earners it's directly proportional to our boob size? or would that be intelligence level?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

10. the number of positive AP's you have is directly proportional to your penis size
    Is that length or width? We do have some people around here who sure have big heads.

Further to point 6 - If people cant understand what your trying to say they will not reply/help

We are not psychic. Throwing in a few minor details such as the OS and what you've tried might help.

Further to point 7 - lame attempts at social engineering (i lost my hotmail password will someone hack xxxxxxx@hotmail.com and get my password back?) are not big and not clever and o not work around here.

The frequency of sarcastic comments and negging will escalate if the post is made later in the week. By Friday most of us have had enough of our users and will take it out on you. It's not a perfect system but we like it.

Also, if you are on your 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc, incarnation because you consistantly post crap and can't get past newbie before being negged away, change your pattern and post quality information and questions. The problem is you, not us.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Val~,

IMHO, You have forgotten to add two main point!

[1] Posting meaninglessly will get you negged.... if you insist to do so, you will get banned soon.
    [2] When posting a new thread try to make it clear and informative yet short. Pleonasm is not good. If the members felt that there is no enought information they will ask you for more.

My post is not a meaningless, anyway.

As for the #10 rule... I think am making a progress or something like this,,,, lol

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster