Thread: Local Area Connection....

Local Area Connection....

Network cable unplugged Intel (R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

This message is at the bottom right of the taskbar with a red x thru it.

This is on the downstairs computer (the one w/o the router) the one with theUSB Network adapter.

I believe the message I'm questioning is referring to the internal card and is irrelevant. Am I correct.

Thanks. Trying to get everything working totally correctly.

AO French Antique News Whore
    The cable himself is not plug on both side correctly.

In basic english, it mean that the network card doesn't get any data from your network at all.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Thank you sir or mame. I realize that. I need to know if this is a concern for me. I don't think so. Yes or no?

It's an internal thing. I'm connecting to this PC via adapter (external USB).

Thanks.

********** |ceWriterguy
    It's not a concern so long as you intend to have the network cable unplugged. When you plug it back in, if the lan icon doesn't restore itself to normal (without the red x) right click it, select repair, and go on about your business.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

AO French Antique News Whore
    It's a bad thing if you are supposed to have a cable plug

You have a USB Cable Modem, right?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

The computer in question is being connected with a USB network adapter. This red x in question has to do with inside of the machine.

Please explain to me bro. How do I fix it or do I leave in alone?

I'm a dummy please help!

Hey Hey,

If you are connecting through a USB Dongle and also have a NIC inside your PC, then the network adapter with the red X through it is nothing to worry about. If your computer is online and functioning then it's fine... it's just letting you know that one of your devices isn't connected. If you mouse over the device it will tell you the name in question. Then you can go into your Network Connections and see which device it is.

Peace,
    HT