Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maximum AP assignment

How about we dump AP's, and create something that will allow us to filter informative threads from tech support threads? For example, thread rankings only. Seems more productive that way...

I'm with you on the dumping the AP system... Causes more trouble for what it's worth ..

Like a 5 star rating system ??? Humm that sounds like a good idea ...
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Agent_Steal,
    I dont believe that .... What bothers me is how people seem to know that the AP system is being abused and no one gives a damn ... How sad ...
    you obviously haven't read my posts...my opposition to point systems in general have been well documented.

And the Star system doesn't work either because one forum I attend they have that and all it does is make people spam to up their post counts to get more Stars.

Soda_Popinsky,

I agree, there are better alternatives, and suggested that a long time ago...in fact, on another forum that is no longer with us, they were going to implement my idea of Reputation Reform, but the site closed up, mainly because the membership was young and too immature to keep it going.

Eg

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I have a much better suggestion:

New rule:-

Any thread started with the intent of discussing AP's or who's OS is best should be immediately deleted and the user should be penalized 500 AP's. If this means the user is banned then so be it.

Both subjects have been done to death. There is never a solution nor a consensus so both subjects are a waste of bandwidth.

As to why this thread started in the first place.... Who cares.... It's another silly thread.... Delete it and penalize the OP in accordance with the above.....

I am getting so fed up of these dumb arguments.... If you spent more time learning your OS and security here you wouldn't have time for such juvenile arguments....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

And the Star system doesn't work either because one forum I attend they have that and all it does is make people spam to up their post counts to get more Stars.
    If they are poor threads, then they'll get bad ratings and you won't even have to see them. Create enough -1 star threads, and you're banned.

Removing AP's sounds like a big project to me though, it'll never happen even though it'll end all of this AP garbage. Since AP's show up next to our avatars it makes it very personal.

Actually Egaladeist I did read most of your posts ... it's been quite a long time since I have been on here ... It does take some time to catch up .... but assuming is quite bad ...

I would agree with TigerShark ... but I still wish that the AP system would just be tossed ...

Removing AP's sounds like a big project to me though, it'll never happen even though it'll end all of this AP garbage
    True but if it does end the stupid bickering among some Senior Members about who has more and what not ..... I think that it's worth the effort .... Personally I care less about AP's ...

Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Tiger Shark,

I agree that most of these discussions are pointless because they don't change anything anyways...they are usually complaint threads with no reasonable solutions...so they don't make a difference.

But...ontheotherhand...if we never discuss these things...then there is never a chance that if someone does come up with a better alternative that we will even get the chance to hear it.

Eg