Thread: Tour de Cure

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Talking Tour de Cure

Hey Everyone-

As some of you may know, I have had diabetes for 22 years. Well, after years of saying, "I'd love to do that..." I'm finally going to actually ride the Tour de Cure.

The Tour de Cure is a 30 mile bike-a-thon to raise money for the American Diabetes Association. The tour I will be riding will take place in Gloucester, MA on Sunday, June 12. You can link to this event here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=entry&fr_id=2280

What I'd prefer to do, is get a bunch of folks together and ride as a team. I know from doing walk-a-thons in the past that it is a lot easier, and a lot more fun to go as a group than by yourself.

So, I'm inviting anyone from AO (preferably from the Greater Boston Area *cough* Cybr1d *cough*) to come and join my team and ride for a cure.

The team is not formed yet, as I'm waiting to see what the interest is first between AO, my friends, and my co-workers.

If you'd like to join up, or want more info, PM me or shoot me an email.

Or, if you just want to donate, stay tuned, and I'll put up links for you to do that.

Thanks in advance, and here's hoping you'll ride with me!

-Jim

[EDIT]

For anyone who's interested, here's a satellite view of the coastline of/near/concering the tour route:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=glouce...3372&t=k&hl=en
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Cybr1d's been pretty busy with school and work. Not sure how often he gets on AO.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Exclamation UPDATE!

OK folks, the team is now formed.

Follow this link to Team c9.

If you want to ride with us, feel free to click on "Join this team." We'd love the company.

Or, if you just want to pledge, click HERE to be taken to my personal page.

Thanks for your support!

LAST CHANCE!!!

OK, everyone... The Tour de Cure is on sunday. This is your last chance to donate.
    So far I have collected $0 from AO members, which is very disappointing. I know at least three AO members who have Diabetes....

Anyway, please help. Anything you can give is great!

DONATE

Thanks!!!!