Thread: Business

Lightbulb Business

I was just thinking. Soon I will be 19 and as I know Bill Gates founded Microsoft while he was 19
    So what you think is good for business. I think it will be very hard with operating systems now, beacause Linux and Microsoft have the market and it is dificult to survive their concurense.
    For starting business with hardware you need a lot of money and so on.
    What do you thing is easy to do nowadays?
    I personally think that the AI is the futher and you?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

Manpower.

Network administration, computer repair, sys admins, that kinda thing...it can't be outsourced to India, and the best way to go is to hire the little guy as opposed to the uber expensive "Geek Squads" of the world.

Greeting's

No offence but

What do you thing is easy to do nowadays?
    answere would have to be nothing. And because you have mentioned about BIll gates I have a speech of his. Read it, I just hope it help's. And yes by the way Happy Birthday in advance.

BILL GATES' SPEECH TO MT. WHITNEY HIGH SCHOOL in Visalia,CA.

Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this!

To anyone with kids of any age, here`s some advice. Bill Gates recently
    gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not
    learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct
    teachings created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and
    how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1:
    Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2:
    The world won`t care about your self-steem The world will expect you to
    accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3:
    You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won`t be
    a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4:
    If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5:
    Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a
    different word for burger flipping - they called it opportunity.

Rule 6:
    If you mess up, it`s not your parents` fault, so don`t whine about your
    mistakes, learn from them.

Rule 7:
    Before you were born, your parents weren`t as boring as they are now.
    They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and
    listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you
    save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent`s generation, try
    delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8:
    Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS
    NOT. In some schools they have abolished failing grades and they`ll give
    you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn`t bear
    the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9:
    Life is not divided into semesters. You don`t get summers off and very
    few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on
    your own time.

Rule 10:
    Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave
    the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11:
    Be nice to nerds. Chances are you`ll end up working for one.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Exclamation

My advice:

Reread ByTeWrangler's listed principles. (Read 'em and get to memorizing them, now)

then...

If you want to go computers, reread AngelicKnight's advice. He's right on the money.

Don't try some adrenaline charged empty headed idea of trying to change the world by creating another operating system. You won't be able to take on the world alone, even Linux with plenty of help is having a hard time and who's gonna pay all your bills every month?

There's plenty of big bucks for those who take what exists and make something out of it.

AI is very specialized, after you get that Bachelors in Science (computers), get 7 to 10 years experience, let me know how AI is coming along when you get your first substantial job.

Bottom line: If you want to be real good (top of the line) in what you do, it won't come easy and there will be setbacks, but you just keep learning and striving to be the best.
    Otherwise, join the ranks of millions who simply exist.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

ByTeWrangler as I read the artical I understood how well prepared for the real life I am. Damn Bill Gates is my idol
    ByTeWrangler you are right! That is absolutly stupid what I wrote. Nothing is easy nowadays. Not in computers because the computer industry is one of the fastest growing segments of our economyand only the strongest can survive.
    And btw my birthday is after one year
    I don't need India. Bulgaria is the right place! The normal salary here is 200$ if you give tre people 400$ they will be so happy working for you(good ingeneers are working for less)!

the dream is to have a job you would do for free - i tried the whole work force thing for a while.

Had the managment postion, the nice sallery but also the boring job.
    So I had to make a decision : Stay in the Job I hated or go back to school with the hope of turning my hobby (multimedia) into a career.

So I wasted 4yrs working my way up the corporate ladder in an industry that didnt interest me - all my friends who stuck at uni are now finished and starting in the industrys they love - where as I am back to square one.

Did i get anything from my time in the work force - yup...I know how a company and real life works. I know more about working my way up than I could ever have learnt in school (and i can tell you Bill's 11 points are very true)

Would I do it the same way again? Nope - although I now have the extra knowledge of the real world I would have prefered to learn it after school not before. Now I'm not going to be finished Uni till I'm in my late 20's (28 prolly) not too old but I will still be competeting in an industry ruled by the young.

I guess what am trying to say is this - when deciding what you want to do make sure it is something you want to do for the rest of your life....or can lead to the job you want for the rest of your life. Dont just start into the first job which offers you a quick buck

v_Ln

That became so interesting thread( I was not expecting such interesting posts ). But why you people stoped writing? Come! Tell us your experience so we don't do the same mistakes, please!

Greeting's

I have to appriciate your urge to become successfull in life. The way i think Only way to reach the top is to work hard with dedication and love for your work, what i am trying to say is NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, DO IT WITH UPMOST DEDICATION.

I really loved what ZT3000 said and i

you want to be real good (top of the line) in what you do, it won't come easy and there will be setbacks, but you just keep learning and striving to be the best. Otherwise, join the ranks of millions who simply exist.
    and i quote again

Otherwise, join the ranks of millions who simply exist.
    So do your best and thats it. setback will come and are part of life. If you fail once then try twice and try it till you succed, but do only what you love and nothing will stop you

I would like to take this oppurtunity to wish you and everyone here an antionline very best of luck for their life. GOD BLESS.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.