Thread: DefCon 13?

DefCon 13?

I saw the old thread about this, but wanted an updated number.

so is anyone planning on hitting DefCon 13?
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

I was planning a large trip, but due to my homelessness, it is probably not possible at the moment.

:P

Originally posted here by d0ppy
    I was planning a large trip, but due to my homelessness, it is probably not possible at the moment.

:P
    Adrian Lamo, is that you?

I'd love to hit up one of the hacker's conferences sometime but they're nowhere near me (Florida). Anyone know of any good ones that occur down south?
    And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror. -from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    If I could find a ride/someone to stay with from Indiana/Kentucky I would like to go.

I was here awhile ago while I was banned. I worked my way around Atlanta airport's subway/walkway thing to get to the other side of the airport and hop a plane to Saint Paul's... when your landing there you come very close to trees, a lake, and a highway... it seems you come in so close infact that you can actually see the expessions of the faces of all those people in their cars. Now that I think about it, Saint Pauls is a bumpy flight all around. After that I landed in the middle of Phoenix. I ate alot then danced with a cute blonde girl.

I'd love to hit up one of the hacker's conferences sometime but they're nowhere near me (Florida). Anyone know of any good ones that occur down south?
    A friend of mine, me and her went to Interz0ne 2 or 3 eh... I dunno. Which it would have been alright if I actually stayed. I haven't seen or heard of much from florida but here in Georgia there is usually something going on every April or so. What can I say ummm... "look"?

A couple of co-workers and I are attending as well as a friend of mine and his security team. Should be fun to watch capture the flag

Enforcer

Southern California

Why watch, join in on the fun. I have to attend but because I love computers it isn't even work to me.

CyberSorcerer
    PCTech-Help - FREE computer help and ALL tutorials are VIDEO TUTORIALS. No hand written tutorials here.

Defcon was pretty good. It was my first year and although wasn't what I expected, it still was pretty informative to a degree. Capture the flag was crazy and my friends and I decided that we are going to try and prep ourselves to try out for next year.

Also didn't know till we got there that Black Hat just finished up their week in Vegas.

Enforcer

Yea, it did suck a little because of the thing going on with Micheal Lynn, Cisco and ISS over at BlackHat. Personally that is what the conferences are for to release vulnerabilities to the security industry, and public I guess you could say, so patches can get installed and everyone knows what is going on.

Because of that incident, a few events got effected at DefCon. The two penatration-testing events were effected. The first was from "Hernan Gips" which was "Bacon: A Framework for Auditing and Pentesting" he did not even show up or check in for his event. The second was from "Raven" which was "Pentesting the Backbone" and she had her lawyer present during her speaking. Her event was very important because it did relate directly to the vulnerability that Michael Lynn discovered with Cisco's IOS. I also attended "Patty Walsh" event on "Hackers and the Media Misconception and Critical Tools To Combat Them." Which even though she attended and was their she did not talk about what she orginally had lined up with her slides. Instead, she gave a Q&A session for people with questions about what was going on with Micheal Lynn and Cisco and how the media should present or handly it.

So, yes overall, it was pretty good event given that alot of the pen-testing events got changed a little or was not given. Other than that is was a normal DefCon.

CyberSorcerer
    PCTech-Help - FREE computer help and ALL tutorials are VIDEO TUTORIALS. No hand written tutorials here.