Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

Thoughts

I want people to read this. Not cause I think I make a good point, but because this is my reply to a thread started some time ago in the addicts forum. The title of the thread is 'Is this where AO has come'. In this thread people basicly go one to point fingers at one another and accuse them of ****ing up AO and for being lamers and blah blah blah. I want to hear you guyses thoughts on what AO is. What it REALLY is. Is it ok for a site that has advocted free speach and all that so many times to make a forum just so people can talk behind your backs. For those of you that do not have 'access' to addicts (I say access very loosly, and most know why) It is nothing but a gossip column. People post bullshit just to make the 275 post to get 'access' to the forum. Anyways, the gist of my thoughts on AO is going to be posted here word for word as it is in the addicts thread. Lemmie know what you people have to say.

I have been here since 2002. I have made a total of 337 post. I have started 62 threads. Half of these threads sucked and where made when I was trying to become the halfway computer literate person I am today. Of these 62 threads I have started I will say about 20 of them where damn good questions and even advanced. I will also say that of these 20 intelligent threads about 10 of them got responses. I will now guess that 6 of these responses where intelligent and helpful ones. If you stripped AO down to the bare bones and kept only the users with any kind of 'real' knowledge than there would be about 15-20 of us left. Though this would go against the very thing AO stands for. To give and get knowledge about computers. At the same time however, this idea is spawning the majority of the issues AO has. Now keeping all of this in mind IMHO, 95% of you take AO waaaaaaaayyy to seriously. Really. If you guys spent as much time actually making the contributions that you speak of as you do bitching about it, this place would be rockstar. Every community is gonna have it's laid back people, the *****s, the know-it-all's and a stock of others. That's what makes it so interesting.

I have not contributed **** here really. This is mainly do to the fact that I don't care. I have the firm grasp on the concept that if I have a question, if I wanna learn something I might as well not **** around and start googling or pick up a book on the matter. Cause coming to AO is more than likely not gonna get me the answears I want, nor will it be indepth as I want. This is not because no one here can give me an answear, it's cause there would be bickering about. There would be people replying 'GOOGLE!', some would bitch that it was too technical or too long....you guys can't have your cake and eat it to. It's one or the other. Either you make the best contributions you can here. Or you don't. Either way, bitching and moaning isn't going to help. Obviously, that's all anyone has done here for 2 years now. Personaly I think the majority of you are *******s and bullshitters.

This does not deter me from posting here. It simply just makes me sick. Sick to see a bunch of people in there 20's and 30's make this place out to be a cyber-home of sorts. For **** sake, there are so many other communities out there. You guys should start looking around. Communities that are not run by a bunch of facist lazy bastards who can't even patch the plethora of xss holes in there system. Or start putting the smack down on the users who are completly useless here. This is just my 2 cents. This is post #338. It also is meaningless.

P.S. This part was not in the thread but it is an after thought, to those of you who say that AO is nothing but a bunch of retards and that you hate the site. Yet yu post here and argue here ALL THE DAMN TIME.....what does that say about you. To me it says you feel most comfortable with your own kind.
    Yes I know I misspelled alot, I am however not going to waste anymore time on this worthless thread.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

Yup, Hatebreed hit that **** on the head. AO has been going downhill for a long ass time, but few notice... Anway, it should be humorus when someone takes offense to this, or a nazi admin closes it down.

Re: Thoughts

Originally posted here by hatebreed2000
    If you stripped AO down to the bare bones and kept only the users with any kind of 'real' knowledge than there would be about 15-20 of us left.

So who would be left? I think more than 20.

If you guys spent as much time actually making the contributions that you speak of as you do bitching about it, this place would be rockstar.

Woot, sex drugs and Unix.

Every community is gonna have it's laid back people, the *****s, the know-it-all's and a stock of others. That's what makes it so interesting.
    And people who troll, and people who do nothing but post whore to get into addicts and start ****...

I have not contributed **** here really. This is mainly do to the fact that I don't care.
    Wouldn't it make you part of the problem if you don't care enough to do something about it?

http://www.apathyislethal.org

I think the majority of you are *******s and bullshitters.
    There isn't anything wrong with a bullshitter.

P.S. This part was not in the thread but it is an after thought, to those of you who say that AO is nothing but a bunch of retards and that you hate the site. Yet yu post here and argue here ALL THE DAMN TIME.....what does that say about you. To me it says you feel most comfortable with your own kind.
    Yes I know I misspelled alot, I am however not going to waste anymore time on this worthless thread.
    Heh, another worthless thread of bitching instead of actions?

NP: The Misfits - Hatebreeders.

Originally posted here by DemonicKn1ght
    Yup, Hatebreed hit that **** on the head. AO has been going downhill for a long ass time, but few notice... Anway, it should be humorus when someone takes offense to this, or a nazi admin closes it down.
    I really doubt the admins here all have "88" tattoed to their bodies. Especially Negative.

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Re: Thoughts

Originally posted here by gore

There isn't anything wrong with a bullshitter.

That's ma boy
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Thoughts

Originally posted here by hatebreed2000

I have not contributed **** here really. This is mainly do to the fact that I don't care.
    Obviously you do care, otherewise , why such a long winded post. If you really don't care, simple , don't post. Who cares?
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

AOs Resident Troll
    If you dont like the site....dont come...dont post

and for christ sake...stop f^&king whining about it!!!!!

Just my "wine" infected thoughts

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Woh, there are a lot of senior members...

AOs Resident Troll
    Woh, there are a lot of senior members...
    And what does that mean?

I like the knowitalls.........I watch thier posts.....I think they contribute huge to the site....and I learn from them...yesthere are trolls and post whores......but so what.....any public forum has them

And HEY!!!......there is nothing wrong with being a Rock Star....I was one once...

of course...........maybe in my own mind

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Sorry hatebreed2000...I don't see your point...you're complaining about the same thing you're doing yourself right now.

Eg