Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice Googlebomb

... also good wine (but way too complicated and over priced) and Kronenbourg beer.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    French wine is expensive in the States, but in France it's as cheap as water...
    If I compare prices here to what I used to pay in Belgium, it's on average 5 times more expensive. The same goes for champagne...

French wine ain't all that. Napa makes some really good wine, then there's always 2 buck chuck!!! Long live 2 buck chuck!!!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I'm not a fan of French wine (not since they were caught 'enhancing' the taste with a bit of automotive antifreeze). I like a nice Chilean red and the lass likes Australian Chardonnay.
    Both are cheaper than Frog plonk round here.

2 buck chuck??

Is that a bit like Buckfast?
    www.buckfast.org.uk/TONIC.HTM
    http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?...8&id=171912005

Edit-

Beer mmmmmmm.

Stella Artois is nice on a hot day, also known as wife beater round here coz of the effect on some people. I'm a Guiness drinker myself usually, that or continental lager.
    Theakstons Old Peculiar and Bishops Finger are nice ales.
    Orkney Dark Island stout is good if you like it heavy.

Don't like Bud, Rolling Rock, Miller, Tennants, Fosters, XXXX all taste like pish. Even worse from a warm can.

Sam Seed wine is the best.
    The wine I had to drink while learning the Eight Drunken Gods style of kung fu.

Hey Aspman,

Whatever happened to Eldorado?

Used to be popular in Glasgow as I recall

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Eldorado...hmmm don't know that one but I'm from the East coast.

Popular drinkies in my yoof were -
    Thunderbird - probably the closest thing to 2 buck chuck
    Mad-Dog 20-20 - Mad dog cocktails mmmm, good for the ol' rainbow fountain
    White Lightning cider - 2l bottle not a lot of cash lots of al-ki-hol
    K cider - I think the K was for Ketamine, a dodgy brew that one.

Bucky is definitely the poison of choice in Glasgow now. Tastes a bike like cold coffee + some liquorice with a dash of diesel.
    It an aquired taste I'm told, a bit like Iron Bru.

Ahh, just googled for Eldorado, yes I do know it. Definitely a West coast Weegie drink.

French wine is expensive in the States, but in France it's as cheap as water...
    If I compare prices here to what I used to pay in Belgium, it's on average 5 times more expensive. The same goes for champagne...
    Yeah I know it's cheap. Same with German wines. That's why when anyone in America visits, if they don't load up on their max tax free Alcohol allotment they are foolish. It's reverse too, over in Europe the cheap American whiskeys are jacked up with both governments taxing the hell out of imports. Same with Scotch here. California wines are fantastic and there is a great deal to be had in South American, Austrailian, and even South African wines. You can find some good French deals if one knows what they are looking for. The most expensive wines in the world are however French vintage wines, when they are called. I am not big on Italian wines, but who can resist a specialized chianti or the world covented fortified wines of Potugal? <---- can you tell I get extreme pleasure Vino? Speaking of portugal some of theire wines are harsh but go well with their spicy food combinations. Not spicy hot but spicy in overuse of spices. But back on topic... the french can make some wines. Everything in America is copied from the old masters. We use new technology and biological science to make the process more reliable but techniques, root stock and the will come from France.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Off topic

Does anyone know how I'm Feeling Lucky (Google) works?

If it's just takes you to a site with the most hits received, then how does one get http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html to the top? Or any other site for that matter. I know you can buy services from Google to help you generate more traffic to your site - but I can't see paying just to have my opinion ranked # 1. [insert favorite comment]
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Banned
    It seems I successfully trolled.