Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I made a mess

********** |ceWriterguy
    Warning: Do NOT use Warm or Hot water to clean the blood! It'll set in and you'll never get it out.

Try cold water (colder the better, put ice in it) mixed with oxy-clean. No bleaching effect, minimal scrubbing - don't soak the area or it'll just seep through the carpet and damage the floor beneath. Wet it down until it's nice and damp, then hit it with a scrub brush, then rewet and repeat until the stain's up... then be sure to sop up whatever moisture you can with towels.

Good luck to you!
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

OK,

No jokes here, The "oxy clean" that Mr. Ice refers to is probably the same as my "Cillit Bang"

Another approach might be to get some tepid water and a biological washing powder............make a very strong solution...........then let it have a go?

I am trying to preserve the fabric colour here?

Cheers

I'm not the kind of expert on these matters but i'd suggest you to use nail polish remover on it.
    But i'm not sure what you'd end up with.
    The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=767

hydrogen peroxide is a bleach..............it is an oxidising agent
    Hi Nihil, two years ago in my grade 10 my chemistry teacher taught me about bleaching effects of Chlorine and Hydrogen. He said Chlorine has a permanent bleaching effect whereas Hydrogen has temporary bleaching effect. For eg, Paper used in newspapers is bleached using hydrogen. Ever noticed why it gets yellow as it becomes old.

Getting to the point IMO diluted with Cold Water it can be used for the purpose.

and please don't blame me and correct me if I am wrong. Thats what my teacher told me.

cheers!!

- :S:
    \"And life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be.\"

Since we are talking about blood here my solution has always been to burn the house and jump the boarder.

Old Fart
    I've always been a big fan of the Bissell "Little Green Clean Machine"...if it can pull up red wine and 3 yr old coffee stains it might knock a dent in the blood.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Hi :Singh:

I would say that you are right. Chlorine and ammonia will damage the carpet............we do not know if we have mineral or vegetable dyes here, but I will guess vegetable, on the grounds that that is the most cautious assumption.

Hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent, and is widely used in hairdressing...........back in my youth (there were volcanoes and dinosaurs then) one would hear the somewhat insulting remark: "peroxide blonde", meaning a young lady whose hair colour came out of a bottle.

I have just discussed this thread with my wife apparently, you use a peroxide bleach, then the hair colouring dye these days.............

I would still say, try the foam cleaner that we use in IT, then try a strong solution of biological washing powder................

Actually, allenb1963 just brought a few tears to my eyes...........the "Bex Bissell" carpet and upholstery cleaning devices.............hell, that is mid-1950's

Errrrrrrrrr................nail varnish remover?..........."acetone" to the cognoscenti............no good at all...........blood is biological, and that is a chemical solvent.

Cheers

Enzime based detergents work wonders on blood..
    Here in NL we have Biotex I'd bett there's something simmilar in the states.

BTW: weird how these geeks know so much about blood cleaning
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

the_JinX

I think that you are spot on................the enzyme based biological detergent will "eat" the biological stain?

The only other concept that I would factor in is the static? that is why I suggested the antistatic foam?

Well crap... I guess I should have thought more about peroxide being I have watched people put it in their hair and then complain about the sun burning their scalp for some odd reason...

Sounds like nihil will have you in a chem lab in no time mixing up some form of a concoction Im sure.

When you get done with that method i'll put you in touch with my friend big fat tony... he said he knows all kinds of tricks for cleaning up blood from any surface/article... I have yet to understand how he figured all this stuff out??
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here