Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gentoo founder to MS ?

Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57

Originally posted here by unhappy
    the only way you can bypass Xbox encryption is either w/ a mod chip or "soft hack" which uses

a bug in signed software (game) to run unsigned software
    however, once the unsigned software is run, it is possible to make the xbox run unsigned code all the time (running unleashx on a box that was softmodded using a font hack for example)
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Strange indeed,

Could it be that Microsoft are sabre rattling in the Unix camp? after all, I cannot see them backing an open source and virtually free distro, but I could see them having a go at Sun and IBM?

It may even be as crude as just trying to boost their stock value, as it implies that they might be about to broaden their horizons and damage their competition in the process?

I am sorry to sound like a cheapskate conspiracy theorist, but I have seen major corporations do some very strange things for very obscure reasons?

Banned
    dj... fellow modder... huh?? ... nice to meet you, bud!

i know about unleashx... just didn't wanna get too ahead

nihil ... i always wanted to know... what is your favorite linux distro ... you seem like a debian guy

not a bad idea, nihil. Didn't even think about that. MS damaging their competitors through open source. Hmm... Worth a thought or two, I believe. I can't say I'd be completely surprised with MS if they took that road (althought it would be a shock).

Maybe their new longhorn Command line based OS ?
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

nihil ... i always wanted to know... what is your favorite linux distro ... you seem like a debian guy
    SuSE and Red Hat, although I am just having a look at ubuntu. I bought a Linspire (Lindows) pack to check out a possible off the shelf contender to Windows for non-computer people. It is pretty impressive, but I guess I am a command line person at heart.............hey I pre-date PCs let alone Windows (my first contact with GUIs was on Apple and Acorn boxes)

My background in *nix was SCO then AIX then Solaris....................It was very much like "*nix for business and Windows for pleasure" back then

Things have certainly progressed a lot since then?

Regardless of the reasons (advertising, development, "show me the money", etc) it was a pretty doggone smart move on his part and on the part of MS. I'm confident he'll do more than just polish a chair with his back orifice.

ENCYPTION
    sounds like some sort of Colon Hydrotheraphy ....

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Regal Making Handler
    Microsoft, or at least a representative from, believe open source to be un- American and a threat. They simply do not understand how Money Can be made from it.

Makes absolute sence to me for them to hire someone from the community.

Notwithstanding, all empires come to an end and Microsoft is an empire, what better way to understand the only threat to your empire?
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry