Well I got FiOS installed today, and they had to use some crappy-ass d-link router to do the initial install and accoutn activation. So all that went well and it worked. So I then switch back to my 8-port linksys router and re-establish the connection. The FiOS uses PPPoE to assign IP addresses, so I get that all set up and it all works well. I go to test my speed and I'm suddenly not getting the 15/2mbps down/up that I should be getting; I'm getting about 700kbps down, but still have about 1850kbps up. So I call verizon and ask wtf, and they have no idea what's the problem and tell me to call linksys. I call linksys and they're clueless too.

So is it possible that this router (which is probably 4 years old) is simply too old to handle what's being done? I have updated to the latest firmware and everything. I also played around with the MTU as well, still to no avail. Should I look into purchasing a new router? If so, I'd want an 8-port router that is not d-link, because the pos they gave us is utter trash.

EDIT: Looking at the specs of my linksys router, the WAN interface is only 10mbps, not 10/100; I'm going to assume this is part of the problem...