Thread: window xp question

window xp question

i got XP pro sp2 like xp-home and xp(with out packs) it to get slow down with in 4-5 months
    is there any way to prevent it.

i have allready swith of the monitoring over my dives exept root when i instaled it
    smoking is really bad for ur PC....

Sorry man, I know English is not your first language, but you got to find a better way to ask whatever question you are trying to ask, because this post makes no sense to me and I am thinking it make no sense to a lot of people on this board. Try and clear up you question.

Cheers:

DjM

Im going to take a stab at this.

You have two computers, one with XP Home Service pack 2 and the other with neither service packs installed. After 4-5 months they both begin to slow down. First thing I would suggest is make sure you have an AV installed and running, also make sure you do your patches. And scan for malware and make sure you have no conflicts between any of your hardware/software (although this would be apparent right away rather than delayed afew months.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Blast From the Past
    (although this would be apparent right away rather than delayed afew months.
    not to disprove you or anything... just stating some knowlege

my computer was running great till i hit one chain of updates.....it was afew months before i got the updates and when i installed them SP2 wasnt all that happy.... bye bye usb
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

my computer was running great till i hit one chain of updates.....it was afew months before i got the updates and when i installed them SP2 wasnt all that happy.... bye bye usb
    then the problem wasnt that two pieces of hardware are conflicting. It was that the updates caused a problem. Im saying make sure you dont have say two pices of hardware with the same IRQ address, ive had video cards and a NIC card freak out and force the computer into a reboot loop until I switched the slot one of the cards was in.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

well here it go...

1.7 GHz,512 MB,40GB,aureal vortex 8830 sound card, intel 845G/GL with intel extreme 2 graphic acc,win 98 and winXP pro SP2 (intigrated) on same machine,I got Mcfee 2003 as AV.

well the problem

I had earlier worked on win xp with out any pack, on my machine and now had switched to SP2. Both the OSes got slow down after 4-5 months of instalation. I allready had switched off system restore monitoring in all drives exept root. I had scaned my system for spyware and worms.....a complete infection free system.

why it could be runing like snail........????

sorry about the first post...it was 02:00 AM here..
    smoking is really bad for ur PC....

Hi lokeshdb_ms ,

I would recommend that we start with some basic housekeeping:

1. Empty your browser cache and history, including the Java cache.
    2. Delete your Windows history and MRUs
    3. Delete all your AV update files except the most recent

BOOT INTO SAFE MODE

Defragment your drives.

Spybot Search & Destroy
    Ewido
    A-squared
    Ad-Aware
    Microsoft Anti-Spyware

Run all these in safe mode and your AV

Go to the PC-cillin site and run "Housecall"

Defragment in safe mode again.