Thread: Profile / Policy not displaying correctly

Profile / Policy not displaying correctly

I think I am obviously forgetting something here, maybe someone can jog my memory.

I recently created some new profiles and group policies for some XPSP2 machines on a W2K3 server. The problem is that the profile and the policy will not display unless the user is put in the domain admins group.

In group policy manager, the group of the users are given access to the gpo, and the profiles directory has full control by the user. I know i am forgetting something stupid. ANy help?
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

Just a start, did you assign the users a profile directory in their user entries in AD?

What container in AD is the GPO set for. You will probably need to create a container and add those users to it, and assign the GPO. The default user container cannot have a GPO.

You should run gpresult or the rsop mmc plugin to check why the GPO is not applying...

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

the users were in a non default container and a profile was specified in AD, it to work by recreating the profile. These were profiles migrated from 1 server to another in the same domain without using DFS. IT works like a champ now, it was just weird. Thanks for the tips.
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.