Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter is EVIL!

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    She lives about a half hour from my work (well one of her houses). I'll get a mob and we'll go burn her out.

http://www.swarthmore.edu/NatSci/cpu...okdisclaimers/ and http://www.geocities.com/missus_gumby/tract.htm

Like the biology books in the USA stating: "This textbook contains material on evolution. Evolution is a theory, not a fact, regarding the origin of living things. This material should be approached with an open mind, studied carefully and critically considered."
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

The DaVinci Code = conspiracy theory and pseudo-scholarship = CRAP ....

all descriptions of documents and secret rituals are accurate.
    I wonder what he was smoking when he wrote that ....
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Nice links the_JinX

Gotta love the ignorance displayed in those links.. [B.T.W. this comment is not directed towards you JinX but at the links ... ]

I always wonder why is it hard for people to believe in God but yet they can believe in aliens ???
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    ike the biology books in the USA stating: "This textbook contains material on evolution. Evolution is a theory, not a fact, regarding the origin of living things. This material should be approached with an open mind, studied carefully and critically considered."

I saw an argument against that particular anti evolution stance that stated that basically they did not understand the meaning of the word 'Theory' in the context of scientific reasearch.

I always find it confusing that these stupid people are actually listened to in the States. Over here they would just be politely told to piss off and stand with the other loonies in the corner (I hope).

How is research suposed to be carried out if some religious ***** sticks his head in every 5 minutes and tell scientists, "great research, but it doesn't agree with the writings of a 2000 year old book so stick it in the garbage".

If they want an argument in favour of God or gods they should go and speak to some physicists. Quite a few are coming to have an opinion that there must be a god because the universe is too complex to have occurred by chance.

Same with that Janet Jackson incident, I couldn't understand the fuss. We have **** on page 3 of lots of newspapers here, they don't stop kids buying them and they're not classed as pr0n. The story about the US outcry was bigger than any story about her tit here.

Must be very frustrating.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Let's see here...

CS Lewis - the lion, the WITCH, and the wardrobe... along with the entire chronicles of narnia series is touted as 'a wonderful collection of children's novels.' Lewis is hailed as a christian author, and sells to the exact audience JK Rowling does.

JK Rowling is touted as anti-christian because she's writing about magic and the practice of it...

What's wrong with this picture?

It's entertainment. Go watch wizard of oz, read narnia, hell - read alice in wonderland and enjoy the opiate-induced dreams the author put to paper...then leave JK alone. She's done right by her audience in keeping them entertained, and done right by herself in bringing herself from being homeless, to quite wealthy, all with the use of her imagination. It's not a christian thing folks, it's a capitalism thing.

As for Pope Benedict, I'll point to his time in the Hitler Youth to show you one of his smaller errors in his history. nuff said.

Da Vinci code? As a Master Mason, 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason, and a Shriner, I can say that the code is a most interesting read. There are aspects and details the author took freely from Masonry, to the point that I wonder if he is one, that were most delightful to read in print. Beyond that, it's pure fluff, but entertaining fluff.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I always wonder why is it hard for people to believe in God but yet they can believe in aliens ???
    Because we've seen Aliens ...Micheal jackson, Martha Stewart, Pee-wee Herman, etc...none of these people could possibly be human.

Eg

eeeuh, wrong place aspman ?
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I was following on from Egs aliens theme.

If parents don't want their catholic kids reading Harry, that's too bad for the children, but their choice. I am not a kid but I'll be in line at midnight Friday. Actually just kidding, Amazon better have that here ASAP. I was thinking I may get it Friday afternoon with any luck???

The church is probably getting alot of kids thinking Voldamort is the devil. Cause he IS the fecking bastard.... and asking difficult questions of the priest. I can say that all the Catholics I know read it and love it.

I judge a book by the enjoyment factor and therefore The DaVinci code is an excellent book.

Aliens... Scientology

It's hard to imagine that Harry is only about 10 years old and it's made a house mum from the United Kingdon, barely making ends meet, a BILLIONaire. And cast so much enjoyment on the world.

The church is right. It does seduce children. Evil book!
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.