Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More space for PMs

More space for PMs

I think it would be nice if we could have a little more space for PMs. Right now I'm using like 96% of the total aloud. More would be nice so you can save things for reference.

Another idea I just got while typing this one:

What about AntiOnline mail? Allow access so it can be downloaded with fetchmail or *Cringe* lookout express..

Hi gore,

I understand what you mean...I've had to clear out about 400 PM's since being here...sitting at 50% right now, which is where I like to keep it...can't even imagine how many 1000's you've probably had to get rid of over your time here...

but...

considering most sites only give you 50 or 100 ( the ones I attend anyways )...500 is pretty generous...

Eg

Hmm, messages I have go back as far as the two years I've been here. Some I've saved because they meant something to me like when my Uncle died and some people sent some giving me support. Some are there to watch how people have changed over the years. Some of the people that hate me today, I have messages from them almost kissing my ass from a year ago.

Some of the stuff I have is from when people were saying I never help people and that I'm just a dick. Well, I have over 300 messages from people that were thanking me for the help I gave them in PM, and how I pretty much set up their boxes for them when they tried Linux for the first time.

Some are from friends of mine here that I'm close to and things me and them have talked about and then there are a few I have that are just WOW. Some people here who hate me, I have PMs from them saying how great I am and thanking me for helping them.

Some are thank you cards, some are pics of members here (Oh yea, I have something on all of you)

Maybe just some members could "earn" more space. That would be cool too.

Hi gore,

Don't know if this would help or not...because I know you're not on a Windows box...but just in case it might give you some ideas in case they won't up the ante...
    I'll start with one that has made all the information on the forum easier for me to retain as a resource, without having to go back & search for topics. This works for PM's also for in/sent/outboxes. This is especially handy when you are working on a project and want to save information from lots of different topics & PM's. (I only know this working in MS Word-so you can try it in others)

1. Open a new document in MS Word. For saving forum posts set the layout to 'landscape', for saving PM's it can stay at 'portrait'.
    2. Save document with whatever title.
    3. Go to forum post or PM, and highlight from the beginning of the top cell of that post (or page). examples:
    Saving a whole page of a thread, you would highlight from before the topic title to the end of the last post at bottom of page.
    Saving one part of a post, you would highlight from before where it says Author to end of message box.
    Saving a PM (Private Message) you would highlight from before the word 'From' to end of message box.
    4. Go to 'Copy' to copy it. (for most you can right click for this on highlighted section)
    5. Go to the opened document in Word, and click 'Paste'
    6. Then Save.
    You can then go on to save as many under or over that post as you like.

This is also especially handy too if you get a lot of PM's, you can use it as a reference point as to who you have replied to and who you havent. Delete them as you reply to them. Or, if your PM boxes get too full, and there are many PM's you want to keep...you can archive them this way too.

If you want to shortcut further... create a shortcut from the file you created to your desktop. That way you can open it quickly even when offline. (warning: dont creat too many shortcuts on desktop though, it makes your startup slower.)
    http://webproworld.com/viewtopic.php?t=12138
    WebProWorld :: View topic - Time Savers

Eg

At the bottom of the PM list I could just download them. Which I have, but some don't work well downloaded.

If I reply slow right now, it's because well, laptop is getting a test :

Dual boot XP and Free BSD heh.

Didn't AntiOnline used to have some sort of mail feature? Bleh.. Oh, and the PM's thing would be cool. I've used up a ton of space myself.
    Space For Rent.. =]

There used to be AntiOnline mail for a while (powered by BigMailBox.com or something I think) but the service got withdrawn a long time if I recall correctly.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Hey Hey,

I would definately like to see more space... I recently had to wipe my PMs out because my mailbox was full....

As for the mail server... It was nice when it existed... If JupM doesn't want to bring it back but is willing to loan out the mx entry (if they aren't using it..) I'd be more than willing to host the email for it.. or even give us users.antionline.com... I'll set it up and give homepages and email accounts (as often as I can)....

Peace,
    HT

*Puts on cute face and smiles sweetly* Please Intmon! Haha, sorry to be annoying.. it would just be kinda cool to have an @antionline.com email account.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Could be an earned site benefit (the email) for Seniors?

~cheers~
    Connection refused, try again later.