Thread: Errrr...I can't type?

Errrr...I can't type?

Well...while trying to post my keyboard would not type...buttons worked fine and everything else but no words were being posted...so...
    I went off the net to see if it was my keyboard ( dial-up on phone line...have to disconnect to use one or the other )...and in Word it typed fine...so...
    went back on the net and everything is back to normal...

my question is what could have caused this?

Thanks,

Eg

You arn't going newby on us Egaladeist ??
    Not telling us what browser, os etc ??

I've had something simmilar with FireFox a while back..
    I couldn't seem to get focus on the input box..
    The adress and search boxes did want to receive focus, but the input boxes on the pages did not..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hi the JinX,

OPPS!

Windows 2000 Pro

AdWare SE, Zone Alarm, SpywareBlaster, AVG Free, all updated...system clean

Just cleared cache and history...last night...every night...

Firefox 1.0.6

I would try to type a post and no words would appear...I thought maybe I had hit a wrong button or something...so I tested it in Word...and when I came back on the net it was fine.

I've had a few glitches with Firefox...pages not loading, partially loading, pop-ups that say: this page has no data, program not responding, etc...( some related to problems with my ISP whose computer keeps breaking down )...but this is the first time I've encountered this.

Eg

Hi EG~

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr.................beer?

/off topic

"Canadians on welfare.............".......................we have discussed them, and I went out with my wife to buy a couple of wedding presents................so I went into this animal feed store.......and bought 25 kilos of "layers mash" (stuff you feed to chickens) and some "mixed grain"

Have you ever faced Canada geese approaching at regimental strength?.............these people were SERIOUS..............made a hell of a mess of the bottoms of my trousers and shoes

They are very gentle taking the food from your hand..............I will get some batteries and take some digital photos, it really is amusing..................especially the interaction with the black swan.............I had a donut for him

/

I will have to check if the geese overwinter here, I suspect that they do?

Hi nihil,

Yes...Canadian Geese are not the shy type ...they ' generally ' have no fear of people....which is somewhat amazing considering they get shot at all the time here...park wardens are constantly, at one park or another, trying to scare them off by shooting blanks into the air...apparently, they eat the fresh grass seeds/roots ( ? ) and a flock of geese can turn a green park very quickly into a spotted dirt park

Now....Swans are another matter entirely...the ones here will bite you and chase you if you don't feed them.

Eg

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Eg, is your keyboard USB or PS2? MAYBE, not sure but maybe one of the connections was loose or something and somehow it just started working when u went to your word program to type or the firefox somehow locked up for a bit? im just stabbing in the dark here....
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hi The Texan,

Plug n' Play

Eg

I've had a few glitches with Firefox...pages not loading, partially loading, pop-ups that say: this page has no data, program not responding
    Yup, i've had the same problem with firefox. Especially when one of the tabs had a java applet on it (like the 'reply to post' page maybe?). The address bar and the search bar would work but nothing would show up on the page. Did an update of java runtime files and now it's working ok i guess.
    Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=777