Thread: Cisco.com compromised

Cisco.com compromised

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

* Cisco has determined that Cisco.com password protection has been compromised.
    * As a precautionary measure, Cisco has reset your password. To receive your new password, send a blank e-mail, from the account which you entered upon registration, to cco-locksmith@cisco.com. Account details with a new random password will be e-mailed to you.
    * Because of a large number of requests, registered Cisco.com users may experience delays in receiving the new passwords.
    * This incident does not appear to be due to a weakness in Cisco products or technologies.
    http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/login

After michael lynn case..? I think every security researcher have been watching Cisco now..
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

As they say... mess with the bull, you get the horns. I wonder how long their servers will be overloaded.

Looks good on them !

Yes, but remember :

* This incident does not appear to be due to a weakness in Cisco products or technologies.
    Whew ! ! At least no one else needs to worry . . .

is it just me, or could a spoofed e-mail with a reply-to tag cause alot of problems right about now?? Just a thought...
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Well, I'm drunk now, but when I first read this on isc.incidents.org yesterday I thought something similar.

Why would they put up such a notice unless they had some sort of defense against it ??????
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Well Noia , it seems others ( not Cisco ) think the same way we do!

From Handlers Diary August 4th 2005

Cisco CCO Password Reset Reply-To Spoof Concern
    Testing confirmed a spoofed reply-to field in a message to the CCO Locksmith would be accepted.
    We notified the Cisco PSIRT team and they are reviewing the spoofed reply-to issue.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes