Thread: antivirus for windows 2003 server

antivirus for windows 2003 server

can someone tell me which is the best antivirus and firewall that is compatible with windows 2003 server

just like anything else, this is a preferance issue. Personnaly I hate symantec/norton I think its bloatware and sucks hard. Mcafee is ok, I like it, its compact, it does take up some resources but not nearly as much as symantec. Im really starting to like trendmicro (even more so than before) but havent been able to test enterprise level products of theirs yet. AVG is nice. It all depends on what you are looking for? is this a one install type of thing, or are you going for an entire network. The one good thing about symantec is their central management is great. This is the product the compnay that i work for and most of our clients use, so I know it faily well and have to support it. I say you try a few and pick which YOU like best. after all its your server, and you need tow ork with it.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

i've installed avg but i didn't like it much.mcafee and symantec are showing incompatibility with win 2k3.so it would be kind of u to tell which antivirus works best with win 2k3 server

symantec works on server 2k3 we have it running on several of our servers, all of which are 2k3
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Don't forget to pay attention on one little thing... most of antivirus software has workstation(personal) and server(enterprise) version. Most of the time personal version can't be instaled on server...

I don't have much experience in this area so I don't have much more info to add. I personaly use Symantec Antivirus Enterprise together with derfeeld firewall and Spybod S&D. But my network is only 10 computers...

Ikalo
    ------
    Make your knowledge your deadliest weapon.