Thread: curious and slightly confused

curious and slightly confused

ok so here's my Q.Do mac's get Cookies? cuz my fiance says they don't, but this site has the thing where it'll remember u and automaticly log you in and whatnot using cookies.Every time i come back it aoutomaticly logs me in. so this leads me to believe macs do. but i dunno where on my computer they would be located so i could delelte the unwanted cookies off of my computer.So do they or do they not exsist on macs?, and if so how do i find them so i can get rid of them?
    Scream If This Hurts Chica.

Websites store "cookies" on your computer to facilitate transactions with the site. In most cases, cookies are harmless. For some websites, you must allow cookies to be accepted in order to use the site.

If you are concerned about cookies, you can set how you want Safari to handle them.

Choose Preferences from the Safari menu and click Security. Select Never if you don't want to store any cookies on your computer. This may prevent you from using some websites.

Click Always to accept and remember all cookies.

Click "Only from sites you navigate to" to prevent storing cookies that come from websites other than those you open. Select this option to prevent advertisers on websites you visit from storing cookies on your computer.

To see the cookies you have accepted, click Show Cookies. You can then remove cookies.

Changing your preference for accepting cookies in Safari may change a similar preference in other applications. If you remove cookies, they may be removed from other applications that use them, such as Sherlock.

If you want to stop accepting cookies, you should also remove all cookies after you select Never in the Security pane.

You may need to temporarily accept cookies to open a page. Select Always to accept the cookies and open the page. You can then turn off cookies. You may want to remove all cookies after you have viewed the page.

to clean up your computer, you can also select Safari>reset safari...

This will remove all cookies,your history as well as saved passwords and names.

Hope I've helped
    It seems to be peaceful,but it is incorrect.CATS is still alive.
    Zig-01 must fight CATS again.And down with them completely!
    GOOD LUCK!

Banned
    Every OS gets cookies.

Cookies are not a function of the OS.

Cookies are a function of the browser.

Cookies go wherever the browser puts them.

Oh yeah. Your grammar needs work.

Well you'll be happy to know dOpp I went out and got myself a dictionary so i won't be so offencive to people on here with my spelling and grammar.I don't know why everyone on this site has an obsession with grammar,but i shall do my buest to appease everyone by atempting to use good grammar and spelling when i can.

Hi forgetvengence,

It's not an obsession...alot of people here spend a great deal of time on the computer and it's just easier to read if you break up your comments ( ..... )...

separate them...

and try to practice good grammar/spelling...as porr gramarr is somtines arde ta reed...exspevilly ater yove ben ona coputar foe awile.

Eg

Banned
    Proper grammar shows not only a respect for the forum and its other users, but a respect for yourself and your own appearance.

I mean, I don't care about the forum, as my account history can attest to, but I am anal about my spelling and grammar.

Sorry, i didn't meen to come off sounding irritated. I am just so used to others judging me on everything that i get deffencive most of the time.