Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U.S. Ships Attacked

even /if/ one or both of these rockets had hit their targets they wouldn't have had much of an impact. Both of these ships are much bigger than the USS Cole was... the Ashland is about twice the displacement, the Kearsarge is about 5 times the displacement. Both of these are rather large boats and the "terrorists" missing them brings forth the image of not being able to hit the broadside of a barn The Kearsarge is almost the size of a Kitty Hawk class aircraft carrier...

Yeah the ships we build now-a-days aren't nearly as heavily armored as the ships of yesteryear but they can still take a beating. Besides they don't need the armor that the old tubs needed.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Hoopy Frood
    Originally posted here by The Texan
    All these people have to resort to random hit and run so to speak they know they cant fight us like men. very sad it has come to this
    It's the only way for a smallish group of rebels to successfully fight against one of the largest super-powers on the face of the globe. There is nothing honorable or manly about outright suicide (which is what it would be if the "terrorists" fought a trenched war.) We have superior technology and they know it, which is why they fight us in ways that helps level the playing field. If they did not use these tactics then they really would be the stupid towel-heads t hat so many people claim they are. Wars aren't won just because you have the largest force. They're won because you out-thought and out-maneuvered your enemy.
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

Banned
    Originally posted here by !mitationRust
    His hero’s use kids as shields.
    Who are my heroes?

Banned
    Originally posted here by Cybr1d
    If the pussies are hiding among them, YES....with a really big bomb.
    Oh dear God, sometimes I just cant understand how utterly blind people can be.

Can anyone explain how any country can bomb areas of another country where families and young children are and the bombed country not retaliate?

The reason I ask is because I'm surprised that we havent had more terror attacks in the US by now. How many people(civilians) overseas are they gonna let US kill?
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week~Kthln01!

Banned
    i rather argue linus torwalds' kernel policy then politics...

just remmeber at least US is reasonable in our own way ...