Thread: web site linuxsecurity.com unreachable

web site linuxsecurity.com unreachable

Anyone else having problems reaching the site LinuxSecurity.com ??

I've been trying for several hours now.

Tried pinging, got " Destination Host Unreachable "

Tried a Traceroute, apperas to die at Guardian Digital server

Guardian Digital also appears down.

Anyone know of scheduled maintenance or the like?
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Ok, still no luck with connecting to the site(s).

Anyone have information on either LinuxSecurity.com or Guardian Digital ( Guardiandigital.com ) ?

Anyone having the same problems?

I've googled for some type of information on them going out of business, etc. but can find nothing.

Interestingly, I did a whois on both domain names, both registered to Guardian Digital, both expire in December of this year, but they have contact numbers and fax numbers which are the same +1.2015551212

...uh, I believe that is the number for information for that area code.

Also, when quarrying the whois, found the status of Guardian Digital, Inc. as “ Active “ , but the status of Linuxsecurity.com as “ Locked “. I know not what that means.

The network block that my ping comes back to is from XO Communications out of Va. ( that also seems to be in the address block of one of Guardian Digital's DNS servers ).

They seem to be up. The DNS server unreachable.

One other thing that caught my eye on XO Communications' site
    To better improve your quality of service, XO Communications is introducing a new Caching Domain Name System (DNS) platform.
    The other DNS server ( from what I can gather ) comes back to globix.com ( which is also up ), but the the DNS server itself is unreachable.

So my question is, did Guardian Digital pull the plug, or did someone do it for them?

I thought Linuxsecurity.com was an informative site and used it as my homepage for years. It would be a shame to see it go under.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Banned
    The site is down here too...

(5 minutes later)

The site is there now! Seems the plug is back in...

(Checking http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep...uxsecurity.com for site report...)

Last reboot was nearly a month ago. So maybe just a hiccup in some DNS server or whatever. (Or yet another evil plot by some large Monopolistic Software firm...)

You beat me to it, Katja..

Was just going to reply that it seems to work again..
    Also http://www.guardiandigital.com/ is up (again??)
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Yes indeed, up again.

Maybe someone shut off the wrong switch on their way home for the weekend?

They don't seem to be saying, and now that it's back up my curiosity subsides. At least I know they didn't go belly-up and just all of a sudden shut down. The site has some good articles, links etc.

( My curiosity subsided, didn't dissolve. )

Thanks for your help. At least I know I didn't screw something up on my end!