Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Drugs Do You Do!!!???

Banned
    Originally posted here by mathgirl32
    Currently Ibuprofen for back could be 0-6 daily...depending on day
    Careful with those. Painkillers can become addictive and will become less effective since the body builds up resistance. Which means you will have to take more and more of them just to kill the pain again. People are often warned about dangers of cocaine and heroine but some painkillers can be just as bad. (Am not saying or even suggesting you're addicted, just want to make sure you know the risk.)

OK, here we go....
    I used to smoke pot, but that stuff is kinda gross to me now.
    Cigarettes (pack a day)
    I used to do a bunch of extacy, but quit that
    Alcohol Maybe twice a month (I've cut way back) I mean drunk
    Shrooms, I've done my fair share and then someboy else's
    Acid a couple of times, not that fun to me
    Coke, maybethree times a year. fun, but I can see how it would get addictive
    Mirtapazine (prescribed)
    Lithium (prescribed)
    An assortment of inhalents (quit because I found out how bad they are for you)
    and thats about all I can remember
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Originally posted here by Katja
    Careful with those. Painkillers can become addictive and will become less effective since the body builds up resistance. Which means you will have to take more and more of them just to kill the pain again. People are often warned about dangers of cocaine and heroine but some painkillers can be just as bad. (Am not saying or even suggesting you're addicted, just want to make sure you know the risk.)
    Good Grief!!!!

As Juridian said, you may want to think before you put your fingers to the keyboard. After all the drugs listed here by the various members, I find it interesting that you feel the need to comment on my use of Ibuprofen.

Let's take a stroll through Google:

Ibuprofen: Ibuprofen is in a class of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Ibuprofen works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Ibuprofen is used to reduce the fever, pain, inflammation, and stiffness caused by many conditions, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and abdominal cramps associated with menstruation. Ibuprofen may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide. OTC

Hydrocodone: This typical painkiller (related to codeine) is in a class of drugs called narcotic analgesics. It relieves pain. Hydrocodone is habit forming. It is possible become physically and/or psychologically dependent on the medication. Requires a prescription

Of all the members here I'm probably the last person to become dependent on pain killers. In fact, pain killers make me violently ill....as do almost any medication.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I was / am addicted to the Ibuprofen, ripped my back up aged 20
    bad fall onto steelwork at work
    continued heavy workload and long hours made it damn nigh impossible to sit comfortably
    started to take them around 25 years ago
    just one 250mg tab as req
    built up to 2 400mg tabs every two hours .............was taking that for around 12 years

Docs tell me that it ISN'T addictive, so stopping isn't a problem.
    But it isn't the stopping that is the problem, it's the PAIN .........[and the COST]

However, since the change from the elec/eng into IT, and normal hours and 5 day weeks, I'm beginning to find that I can rest easier now, and so I'm now on the 1 tab as req = approx 6 a day, STILL over the recommended dose, but it's a start to the end as it were
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Well ...

Nothing to exiting ...Painkillers for back and neck pains due to an accident in the army ...but not everyday ...only on the bad ones ...wait that is every day isn't it

Back in the "teen-years" some pot and Alchohol..but now I don't smoke, don't drink anymore since several years.

Coffee lots of it ... got to have the caffeine... and food ... I can't stay away of a good slice of pizza or a nice piece of garlic bread ...man do I need to loose weight...that's why I'm going back to fitness and lifting weights...some day

C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

Wow…

I never expected this post to get this kind of attention…

Quite interesting, so far… but we’ve yet to hear from some of the AO ‘core members’… Of course, gore will eventually have to say his piece…

nihil’s posted, but didn’t disclose any information about his habits… and not a peep outta thehorse13, MsMittens, zencoder, Irongeek, valhallen, or Tiger Shark…

Obviously, certain members have professional images to keep up… and it is the weekend…

Caffeine seems to be the dominating ‘drug’ so far… and many like ‘the pills’ (legal or not) - which I've found surprising – I expected many more to be into stimulants such as speed, cocaine and the like… I didn't see *reading* coming, though… I never got high off of a book… but, hey, to each his own…

Well… keep ‘em comin’ – it’s been quite entertaining…
    My Corner of the Intarwebz: Jeremy Dean Online

Well...I might as well chime in...

Odessa eh?...used to work just south of you in the oil fields outside of Fort Stockton.

Drugs....hummmmmmm...none....well, that's not true...everybody takes some kind of drug.

Drugs of choice: coffee, pop, cigarettes, kids ( you'd be amazed how they can make you forget all about whatever pain you're in )

Drugs of necessity: occasionally Ibuprofen or Acetaminophen with Codeine...and very rarely, albeit absolutely necessary in order to breathe, puffers ( COPD...with a cold my oxygen intake has dropped to low 80's...you don't really appreciate breathing until you can't )

I like to drink too...mostly rum...but I don't drink because I'm a single parent of young children...and with young children somebody needs to be 100% alert at all times...because sometimes every second counts...in about 4 or 5 years I'm really going to enjoy that glass of rum...or two...or three...ahem...just put the bottle on the table and go get me another.

Eg

Banned
    Oh yeah... A few weeks ago I did drink a bottle of Hydrocodone (liquid suspension), and about a week ago I had a bottle of Tylenol 3's that I washed down with Steele Reserve.

I know, if I still have a liver, it ain't very happy, and I'm headed for an Ulcer.

I also know about the toxic reaction that Acetominophen has with Alcohol. I enjoy it actually.

Well... Looks like I'm clean and sober from now on tho... Gotta be good for the kids.

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: What Drugs Do You Do!!!???

Originally posted here by wiskic10_4

WHAT DRUGS DO YOU DO???
    In your profile, your biography is really weird.
    You love educating computers, bar pool hopping and shooting women

Must be the drugs
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Blast From the Past
    is pr0n a drug?
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger