Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reflections on AO

Ya know though, we haven't had a REALLY good flame war in a long time. I remember when we had some real knockdown, dragout threads going on. APs flying all over the place, all sorts of crazy stuff. Now we just have the occasional gore knocking some kid down a few notches, and that's about it.

Originally posted here by AngelicKnight
    Ya know though, we haven't had a REALLY good flame war in a long time. I remember when we had some real knockdown, dragout threads going on. APs flying all over the place, all sorts of crazy stuff. Now we just have the occasional gore knocking some kid down a few notches, and that's about it.
    yeap. Even flame wars lost its magic here
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

You can always tell the younger ones LOL a year or two becomes ' yah, remember when...' and...

to us older folk...' errrrr...wasn't that just yesterday '

Banned
    Damn youngins.

Banned
    Well for the record I became a mod when JP was here just doing this forum and the Newbie forum out of the fact that I really liked the place and was a round a lot back then.

I lurk here nowadays. What brought me back was regaining the connection to several members that I lost when I had my account deleted. I visit about once a week and post on occasion, usually in the web development forum as I used to. If I see a post I can help on, I'll reply, if not...I really don't see the need.

My general interest here has dwindled, but I've been around AO too long to walk away as easily as I thought I could - just too many people I have grown to know over the years - regardless of how things have changed in that time.
    There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always bitch about and those nobody uses.

Banned
    Christina... Will you marry me?

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    I've nothing against a flame war in the appropriate place - I just don't think it does AO any good to have the flames quite so high in the tec/sec formus.

Come on, roast me you geeks.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by d0pp
    Christina... Will you marry me?
    You are Mark Boyle and I calim my 5 free sets of salt stained car keys!

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

********** |ceWriterguy
    I've nothing against a flame war in the appropriate place - I just don't think it does AO any good to have the flames quite so high in the tec/sec formus.
    Ah but Steve, my British friend, the tech/sec forums are where the geeks become most proprietary, trying to show off their intellectual prowess, much like Rednecks attempt to show off physically at bars on Saturday nights when females are present, or a male Gorilla does when he feels the need...

Hmmmmmm... Note to self - make new documentary short 'Mating habits of the North American Geek.'
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!