Here's my problem. (background first) I have a 5 year old, Windows 2000 professional HD (10gb). My brother took the Windows 2000 professional CD-ROM to college. Being that I am low on money (parents unemployed after moving from DR) I downloaded Windows 2000 professional and burned it on a CD. Well, after burning it on a CD, I decided to test it. It didn't auto-run after setting the CD-RW drive as main booting device. So far so good, right? When I realize this isn't working, I test it to make sure I setup my BIOS correctly with a Recovery disc that is no longer working (because I lost the floppies) and it works. Well, still so far so good, or so I thought. When I try to load up Win2000 again, I get a file system error, I thought to myself, that it's not something a few restarts couldn't fix..wrong again..so now, I borrowed myt friends HD that has WinXP to install Win2000 with the CD I burned..Wrong AGAIN! It says I can't install anything to a higher version of Windows. My question: What do I do?

Here's what I have to my access: Red Hat Linux CD (Original), Windows 2000 CD. I'm willing to format, just tell me how and I'll back everything up. Thanks for all the help. Please reply ASAP!

P.S. Don't criticise the fact that I don't have the original Win2000 CD, not everyone is in the same economic situation as you might be.