Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointsec® for PC

DjM................."it ain't cheap"..............so they figure how to implement it

I would still look at a composite solution along the lines I enumerated.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Quote Originally Posted by DjM
    Thanks for the input Zen and nihil, I don't disagree with either of you. Sometimes there is just not a technical solution to a management problem. That said, I am getting more and more pressure as the data theft cases hit the head lines. At this point if they want to spend the money (it ain't cheap) I'll figure some way to implement it.

Cheers:
    It's not an easy position you are in. Fortunately, the burden is taken off of you if this boss-manager-person says "Here is the budget, you will implement product X".

I would mention the underlying problems, evangelize that while this solution may be a step in the right direction, it is NOT going to remove the risk or liability, and be vocal of your point but supportive of the change.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Hi Zen~ good ta see ya "General McArthur" ("I shall return")

DjM you might like to look at the thread "Pointsec Problems" by TurdFirgusson that is in the Cryptography Steganograpy forum at the moment?

Please feel free to PM me if you would like to discuss some aspects in a bit more privacy.............it being your company's security and your bosses brainchild an all