Thread: mouse problems..

mouse problems..

Ok, so this is the first time I have an optical mouse. It is now about 4 months old and the scroll on it is kind of hard to use now, sometimes it middle clicks when I'm trying to scroll down (never up). I could take apart a ball mouse (or however you call it) with my eyes closed, but I don't want to take this one apart, it seems to complicated and don't want to mess it up. Does anyone know how I can ease the scrolling of it.

If it helps, this is my mouse: http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/product/...1.asp?pdtno=18

No dust accumulation, no need to clean
    -_-;; talk about false advertising..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Go into your control panel and find the "mouse" tab and try and configure your scroll rate from there, or if it came with a CD see if there is scroll rate properties on that.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Originally posted here by The Texan
    Go into your control panel and find the "mouse" tab and try and configure your scroll rate from there, or if it came with a CD see if there is scroll rate properties on that.
    You don't seem to understand the problem, it's a problem with the scrolling of the mouse itself. I can feel the difference in how much pressure I have to put into scrolling sometimes. Also, sometimes I can hear the middle button click when trying to scroll. (This problem only happens when scrolling down, scrolling up is effortless)
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Just Another Geek
    Sounds like there's some dirt in there.. Common problem with mice..
    If it's still under warrenty see if you can return it. If not, take it apart or buy a new one.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally posted here by SirDice
    Sounds like there's some dirt in there.. Common problem with mice..
    If it's still under warrenty see if you can return it. If not, take it apart or buy a new one.
    I don't know if it's under warranty or not but doesn't matter since I bought it in Dominican Republic...

Sorry my friend..................bin

They either last or not, trust me on that one