Thread: Printer problems...

Printer problems...

So, I'm trying to work out all the little details on my already crappy pc, and I now need my printer. I haven't used this printer in about a year or two. Now when I install the missing ink cartridge it says that I inserted the wrong one. However, it IS the right ink cartridge it even says the model number on the box (HP Officejet v40). I had a problem with my first printer, it was a Canon (I'll never buy Canon again..), I didn't use it for about 3 months and the ink left in it apparantly dried inside and it stopped printing. Could this have happened with this printer? If so, what are the possible solutions to this problem.

By this way, It's an inkjet printer. It has a metal contact at the end but I don't think it's necessary to clean it since it's brand new and it'll only risk messing the whole thing up. Any advice please? Thanks.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Few things lead to frustration quicker than when you need to print something in a pinch, and your printer doesn’t want to cooperate and it won’t tell you why either! While streaky lines across your images or faded text is one hassle, dealing with a printer that won’t even acknowledge you exist is another

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**