Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Windows Security Expert

Need Windows Security Expert

We are in need of a Windows Security Expert to secure a Windows 2003 Web Server. Please email with your credentials and pay requirements to: careers at netpublishhost dot com

Thanks!

And I am in need of a young beautiful sugar momma to support me. Send piture and other vital information. Also include Social Security number, Drivers licence number, home address, and of course all your bank account information (including credit card numbers).

It seems a little silly to me, to come on to a security site and ask for credentials to be sent to an email address......that is even in the wrong form.
    careers at netpublishhost dot com
    Why is my nose itching? Do I perhaps smell something fishy?
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Banned
    sheesh moxnix... a little paranoid?

The site looks to be a legit business and how is sending your credentials there any different than sending them to any other company for a job?

Also, you're dumb.
    And I am in need of a young beautiful sugar momma to support me. Send piture and other vital information. Also include Social Security number, Drivers licence number, home address, and of course all your bank account information (including credit card numbers).
    So if a young, beautiful woman looking to be your sugar mama actually responds to you, your plan is to steal their identity?

nph... why don't you read through the community a bit and pick a few people how you think would be a good match. Reading the content and attitude of posts here is likely to be far more accurate a gage than a resume and interview... as sad as that may be.

cheers,

catch

Hey Hey,

Mox: I can't believe you're unwilling to accept that a company would come and post a job without providing any background. I always apply to companies that post small blurbs on forums without any details and no specific information.

While it seems odd, the page is quite well done. If the page at least had a careers section, I might actually believe it. I'm also questioning that every dept. has the same phone number without extensions.

nph: If you want this to be bought around here, you'd better do a much better job than a one line post.

[Edit]
    catch: it does look quite legit, but a lot of scams are supposed to look that way... However after seeing the site, I'm willing to believe that it's an honest and open offer. I just don't think that a one line post is the best or most professional way to go about it if it is legit... An introduction, even actually supplying the website link would have made it slightly better.
    [/Edit]

Peace,
    HT

Originally posted here by catch

Also, you're dumb.

So if a young, beautiful woman looking to be your sugar mama actually responds to you, your plan is to steal their identity?
    cheers,

catch
    Of course I am.....I'm already married and not to a sugar momma. If anyone responds to me....I'll pass it along to you catch. You would obviously be able to handle it/her better than I could.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Banned
    Well, there was a recent discussion on AO about posting job opportunities here. That's what's happening here, right now. Question is, do we consider this useful information or is someone just spamming our board? Btw, netpublishhost dot com is a webhosting company. It could be a valid job offer. Spamlike, but valid...

Hi Mox~

I think that by "credentials" they mean curriculum vitae?

My criticism is that they do not state where the job is based, or whether it is permanent or contract. If it is contract they should state how long for. All that information will clearly impact on my "pay requirements"...............like for a one week contract I would want $1,000 per day...............a six month contract would be a different story?

I think that the "dot com" is to avoid spambots?

Banned
    I just don't think that a one line post is the best or most professional way to go about it if it is legit... An introduction, even actually supplying the website link would have made it slightly better.
    Ok, first he did supply a website link... next what is a more professional way? Having a HR department that advertises on dice.com and then interviews applicants with standard HR psycho babble ("If you were a salad veggie, which would you be?") or regular babble ("How do you handle conflict in a diverse workplace when your manager just doesn't care?")

I suppose both methods have their pros and cons.

Of course I am.....I'm already married and not to a sugar momma. If anyone responds to me....I'll pass it along to you catch. You would obviously be able to handle it/her better than I could.
    Thanks.

cheers,

catch

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Might I suggest that you state what services the server will be providing, whether there are any custom applications that are publicly available, etc.

See, securing a server is one thing. Securing all the ancillary stuff you want to do with it can be an entirely different beastie and while many here might be quite capable of locking down the server they may be utterly inadequate when it comes to properly testing and securing a custom application.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Gee, maybe it would be handy to have a place where companies could post such things

Employment Section Posting

Also, if such a section were created, perhaps a sticky could be put on with suggestions for employers as to what kinds of details to put (or not put, as the case may be) in their posts.

<EDIT>Also, with a little digging, you can find the location of their office. If this is indeed a relatively small organization, chances are good that the job is located in the same place. Still, that info should probably be in the posting.</EDIT>
    \"The future stretches out before us, uncharted. Find the open road and look back with a sense of wonder. How pregnant this moment in time. How mysterious the path ahead. Now, step forward.\"
    Phillip Toshio Sudo, Zen Computer
    Have faith, but lock your door.