Thread: Looking at Berry Linux

Looking at Berry Linux

Well I finally took the CD- and popped it in a machine I have here to check out Berry Linux. My first impression is higher than I am right now. The start up screen is adorable. There are a bunch of Penguines standing around and it has a screen not to far from GRUB asking what you'd like to do, you can boot it up, install it, boot up a Live CD in English or do some other small things or even boot to a command prompt.

From there you see a screen that's a mix of SUSE (The text looks exactly like SUSE but the GUI / Shell you're watching Linux boot with is HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED and looks AWESOME)

after that and the desktop loads, you'll see a small Kitten and a KDE desktop (Looks like 3.4) and of course a small Kitten.

In the KDE menu is a Berry Linux little installer and a hole sub folder of Berry apps.

The KDE loading screen has the Mac OS / Linux Penguins and they look great with the over all look.

you have the options for install right from the live CD with TWO methods for installation. Over all I really like it and may install it. The version I have isn't even 1.0 yet and it's already good.

other than cool images (kittens? ) and boot options, any other good stuff
    like software, cool configuration options, hardware detection, etc.?
    i guess ill have to check it out this weekend while im installing linux servers
    btw- i could use some help configuring, i just might give you ip and a login for ssh. if anyone is interested pm me, its a security threat, i know, but i wouldnt say yes to just anyone, and i can always wipe and startover anyway
    if God was willing to live all out for us, why aren't we willing to live all out for Him? God bless,
    Godsrock37
    my home my forum

Haha sure man I'll back door yor server.... I mean.... Help you configure it

To answer your question though, it's more like just another Linux bootable. It's pretty though and you can install it to a HD.

btw- i could use some help configuring, i just might give you ip and a login for ssh.
    Sure i need someplace to store my l337 w4r3z , honestly you'd have to be stupid to let someone remotely connect to your system. Let alone give out your Ip and a ssh account your just asking for trouble..

f2b