Thread: EVEREST new version 2.20

EVEREST new version 2.20

Hi folks,

Everest (lavalys) has been updated. As system diagnostic tools are not what one normally checks for updates, I just thought I would mention it.

You can get it at:

http://www.lavalys.com/products/over...?pid=1&lang=en

The "home edition" is free, for those of you who are not familiar with it. It is a pretty good tool for analysing your hardware.

For the software side (including seeing if those pesky MS patches "took") I use and recommend Belarc Advisor (now at v7.0t) which you can get here:

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

It is free for home users also

Cheers

Hey Hey,

I can vouch (which apparently doesn't mean much these days) for both of these.

I was just turned on to Belarc Advisor a couple of days ago... I like the fact that it includes a CIS Benchmark score (albeit a minor thing, still cool)... It does have it's downfalls though.

I've got an HP netserver e800 and it couldn't return any specs on it.... (I'm since found the documentation on it, but at the time could have used the results from Belarc.

As for Everest... it's a great piece of software... I dislike that the free version won't run if you're joined to a domain... I have a small domain setup at home for testing and also wanted to see the results on my work PC (for personal use) and they want me to buy the corporate version just because a Domain exists.

I'd love to see something as feature-filled as Everest that's free for us in a domain environment... Anyone know of anything?

Peace,
    HT

Yeah, it came out around the 18th. I reported a bug to Lavalys a few months ago. Their field values for the GPU ambient and GPU were being over run with newer thermal diodes (if you will), such as (D-TIP) temperature indicator processors etc..etc... I guess they didn't plan on having so many field values, sensor properties and sensor types. The newer one in-line would take precedent over the next. That was one of the fixes I presume.

Motherboard Ambient
    CPU
    GPU
    GPU Ambient
    HDD
    HDD Ambient

I'd love to see something as feature-filled as Everest that's free for us in a domain environment... Anyone know of anything?
    Nope, nothing that is anything like as comprehensive. But that is the same with a lot of free software. They assume that network = enterprise, so you have to pay for it?