Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARRRG.........Help me please!!!!!

ARRRG.........Help me please!!!!!

I have just re-install Windows XP after a big boot problem.

In the operation I have lost all my desktop and 1 GO of data files!!!! (I can't have saved those files on another repertory because I can't have run Windows)

I search a program such as "undelete" to restore erased data files working with NTFS partitions. All programs I have work only on FAT partitions :-[

Help me please.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Banned
    Ummm... Im guessing that you formatted your hard drive when you re-installed... In that case its pretty impossible to undelete the files.... What was your 'Big Boot Problem'?

Man, you should ALWAYS try to FIXBOOT, FIXMBR, CHKDSH /R, etc. it before reformatting.
    If you have formatted, your deswktop is now somewhere between limbo and eternity
    Cojunudo

I have not formated but the Windows installation has erased all elements on the desktop!
    I think elements are phisicaly on the disk but not logicaly.

For info, the big boot problem was a malfunction of Bootvis (the tracking boot software of Krosoft) --> windows was bugging at all boot (with ALL boot options)

Quand tu reinstallent Windows XP, il format ton disque dure automatiquement, a moins que tu a un mise a niveau.
    Pardonne mon francais, ce n'est pas bon

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

My partitions were in NTFS yet and it has not seemed to change anything on my disk.
    The Windows installation has just erased and re install Windows directory, some elements of C:, and my desktop!

Your french is excused SSJVegeta-Sei, my english is more awfull than your french and I don't know any other language (except a few spanish). So.... :-;

well i know a program but it's not free http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecovery/
    but i think that if you do a search on download.com or something like with "data recovery"
    you could something usefull. anyway you could always find a pirated version of easy recovery pro! (recovered 15 gig with it).

well anyway's it friday and it's time to go back home!
    bye and good week-end!

Thanks Deadcrow.

Only a calm person as you can stop my nervous crises and force me to become rational.
    I will try to restore all that can be saved of this disaster. For info, there is a lot of good utils with your search on download.com. I haven't thought there could be such programs in this site!

Greerings,

Maybe, Active@ undelete tool will be able to help you. It worked really great for me and I can say it's algorithm is simply perfect. It never failed me, so IMHO it's the best one available.
    Recommended.
    http://www.active-undelete.com/
    For DOS Uneraser is a tool of choice
    http://www.uneraser.com/

Hi,

This thread is almost 3 years old...I think the answer has long been solved.

Please...don't post in threads with flashing dates.

thanks,

Eg