Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: got a case of the "mundays"??

Blast From the Past

got a case of the "mundays"??

so i was sitting there in my computer chair watching office space... and i was wondering how right on this movie is..

i know that at the time it was made most likely strait and narrow... when it comes to the office... most notably the suit pants and tie

and another thing... are there actualy people who use terms like

"showing her my 'oh' face"
    and
    "sounds like someone has a case of the mundays"

so my question for you security officials and office members of AO to share with us the horror stories of buisness life... for thoes of us who are still in school, college, or blue collar

anything is game, stupid people making stupid mistakes, stupid people with stupid phrases, go nuts

there has to be at least ONE bill lumburegh out there... i know it...
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Elite Hacker
    Sorry, I can't answer your question as I am not at that point in my life yet. I just wanted to say that Office Space is the greatest movie of all time . Maybe someone will see this and respond on Monday. Peace.

Well from my 20 years in the IT industry, I can tell you this. Office Space is NOT - I REPEAT NOT a work of fiction. It is a documentary on corporate America and what it's stupidity can lead a person to do.

First. In every environment I've worked in, be it Manufacturing, Health Care, Department Of Defense, consulting, whatever; every entity says the same thing "Our business processes are unique" Translation: "We have no Idea how we do what we do".

Second. If you spend 33% of your time in meetings and 33% of your time reporting on the work you were asked to do in the meetings, and 20% of your time actually working. You're an employee

If you spend 40% of your time in meetings and 20% of you time reporting on work needing to be accomplished. You're a manager

If you spend 50% of your time in meetings and 40% of you time reporting - You're a director.

If you spend 20% of your time setting up meetings and 80% of your time discussing what needs to be discussed in up coming meetings You're senior vp in charge of whatever.

Techs cannot be managers. Programmers can not be anything other than programmers.

Managers will hire recent college grads to do "Code Reviews" on programs written by people with YEARS of experience.

As a network admin, engineer, hardware / software security etc... employee: You are an idiot. As a consultant that has little to no training and is paid 5x the rate of any employee. You are God and can make no mistakes.

Anyone who works in IT (If their good and know their stuff) only does about 15min of actual work in any given day. The rest of the time they are doing what they like - which looks work related.

Senior management will never understand OOP Open Source dynamic or real time. They will never understand the difference between a spread sheet and a database. And while I'm on that subject, how come I can't just store all my old email in the deleted items folder?
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

I had an "incident" with a work fax/printer that was similar to the scene in the movie. (Where they destroy it)

"PC load letter?! What the ***** does that mean??"
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Dead Man Walking
    All I can really say in response to Jarrods post is "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta"

Yea its true corporate life sucks. Office space is like peoples court "names have been changed to protect the innocent". Thats just all there is to it.

Oh yea, not only will the dictionary not help but neither will Google

define:Money Laundering =

http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...ney+Laundering

Originally posted here by dinowuff

Anyone who works in IT (If their good and know their stuff) only does about 15min of actual work in any given day. The rest of the time they are doing what they like - which looks work related.

and that my friends is the gods honest truth of it. Damn it is good to be the king.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Blast From the Past
    i look foward to working in an office... in the IT department... im weird i guess :P

sitting infront of any computer all day is better then sitting in a cramped little ass desk listening to "the civil war pros and cons" and taking notes on "mitosis... the wonders of cell reproduction"....

"damn it.. lawrence can't you just pretend like we can't hear each other through the wall..."
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I have the whole office space soundtrack and the DVD... now they are releasing a new DVD with more flair im excited! lol

Im gonna make a Jump to Conclusions Mat
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Originally posted here by hexadecimal
    i look foward to working in an office... in the IT department... im weird i guess :P

sitting infront of any computer all day is better then sitting in a cramped little ass desk listening to "the civil war pros and cons" and taking notes on "mitosis... the wonders of cell reproduction"....

"damn it.. lawrence can't you just pretend like we can't hear each other through the wall..."
    LOL --- As far as I can remember, the square root of an isosceles triangle is equal to the 'a sexuality' of Killing a Mocking Bird. Maybe it's How to Kill a Blue Jay; or slaying a Klingon - don't remember.

Maybe it's

P=pRuT over M

where p is pressure, ñ is density, Ru is the gas constant M is the molecular weight and T is temperature.

Either way the only constant in the Universe is beauracacy and there is no flow.

Sorry about this but I love math, physics and Logic. Non of which apply to Corporate America

Peace -- Dino