Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for the Bush-bashers...

Old Fart

One for the Bush-bashers...

Here I am again, contributing to the degradation of AO, all because I find something amusing. The attached cartoon (a photoshop job from fark.com) pretty well explains why Washington works the way it does.

ENJOY!!!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Do you think if John Kerry would have won we would see as many stupid cartoons about him as we do about Bush? Is the only reason they pick on him so much is because he is the President and people always want someone else to blame?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Here I am again, contributing to the degradation of AO,
    I am about to join you in the degradation of Ao by replying with.
    I always knew they would some day get close to World Domination...
    Me quickly put's Tin Foil hat back on..

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by The Texan
    Do you think if John Kerry would have won we would see as many stupid cartoons about him as we do about Bush? Is the only reason they pick on him so much is because he is the President and people always want someone else to blame?

answer #1: No doubt we would see just as many Kerry cartoons...he looked too weird NOT to make fun of...

answer #2: Being President makes him a target....creating his very own vocabulary makes him an EASY target...
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Hi Al,

Here I am again, contributing to the degradation of AO, all because I find something amusing.
    I do not see it as "degredation" of AO. It is actually quite typical British humour, and we have a satirical magazine called "Private Eye" that has something similar on the front page of every edition.

Humour has a place everywhere. Anyone who has been on man management or educator/trainer/teacher courses will know that? It provides a break? jumps social barriers and so on.

Politicians are actually very ambivalent about this? If they are not being made fun of they are not in the news? So long as it is not malicious, they generally don't mind. What is the old saying "if you cannot laugh at yourself, you should not laugh at all"?

My local MP (sort of Congressman) and I met a while back and I asked him what his profession was.....................he said "solicitor" (lawyer) so I said: "well that is a very old profession, but as you are male shouldn't that be 'importunist'?"

He fell apart laughing, you see a female prostitute "solicits", whilst a male prostitute "importunes"

I later discovered he was going to functions and meetings and recounting this story.............and he still sends me a Christmas Card (not so sure about that white powder though?)

The Texan: You would see kerry cartoons, but not as many...nothign makes better comidic fodder then cruption and incompitance.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

AOs Resident Troll
    answer #2: Being President makes him a target....creating his very own vocabulary makes him an EASY target...

Too funny

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Regal Making Handler
    Anyone remember a program called, "spitting images" lampooning politico's is a god given right!
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I wouldn't make fun of Thomas Jefferson. I would however piss on Nixon and spit on his face. That son of a bitch is the one who started the war on drugs and the D E A. THANKS *******.

Gore.. not sure how you can turn just about any converstaion into one that includes drugs. We know you like your pills. You don't have to remind us every other thread.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.