View Poll Results: Do you encrypt your data?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everything....twice

2 5.41%
  • Only at work

5 13.51%
  • Sometimes

16 43.24%
  • My data doesn't need to be encrypted

12 32.43%
  • Encryption...What's that?

2 5.41%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is more knowledgeable when it comes to computer security?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    /me waits for TheHorse13's flame of my stupidity.
    Momma says that stupid is as stupid does.

Seriously, you comment that you are a dumbass and you want people to dumb down the content so that you can understand? How about don't comment or I have an even better idea. Why not go learn about the subject or research some of the ideas/opinions in the thread and then say something intelligent.

Then and only then will the flame-U-lator 5000 be turned away from you.

You make it too easy.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Kwiep
    Allright, let's all not respond to thehorse's and catch's comments. In fact why discus anything at all? You can find all information somewhere else, and when we all have supreme knowledge we all agree.

Why breathe, you're gonne die eventually anyway.
    Double Dutch

LOL. Huh?
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Kwiep
    yeah, where's your famelater now PUNK
    Double Dutch

AOs Resident Troll
    Momma says that stupid is as stupid does.
    Too Funny

Seems to be contagious though

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

The Flame-U-lator has a lock fuzzer. When presented with nonsensical banter it locks up.

****, so thats my problem. I've been trying to use mine this whole thread.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Banned
    This I can agree with but in the real world, most sound models are maintained by unsound IT staff.
    That is why the gods gave us ISO-21827 (Systems Security Engineering Capability Maturity Model)... to replace ad hoc processes based on unsound staff with quantitatively analyzed processes of continual improvement based on unsound staff.

There are other languages who can describe hardware logic, for example vhdl, verilog, systemc.
    Ada is not a description language... it is a programming language that is exceptionally powerful when dealing with flawed hardware, cosmic rays, etc.

h3r3tic, I'd be glad to provide you with some entry level reading material... for example... start here: http://www.all.net/books/ip/Chap3-3.html

cheers,

catch

Well that is a good model simply because of the metrics section alone. The problem I have is that many people here cant comprehend the content, thus, I'm back to square one anyway.

/me heads off to play his Atari 2600

AOs Resident Troll
    Off topic...kinda

At least some of us try to learn...

I am the first to admit some of the stuff on this site is WAY over my head...but I try, I search and I ask questions....and I still learn.

We used to have a saying when i played in a band........ (many moons ago)
    although I feel it relative in many situations.

Playing with better more experienced players...makes you a better more experienced player

Thats why I hang out here

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer