Thread: Someone is good with crackin myspace.....

Someone is good with crackin myspace.....

alright.. well i have a myspace account and absolutely no one knows my password. With that someone got into my page and tampered with my messages. After that i changed my password to something i was sure that was unguessable, but offcourse someone managed to sign into my page again. I mean i deleted my page now but plan on making another one hoping it doesnt happen again. Is there anything you can do to help me prevent this or track down where its coming from?

Thanks Angel

This is my friend Angel that I am trying to help , this is a really big problem for him. I told him that he might have a trojan horse, or a key logger. I wasn't sure which forum topis to put it in, so I put it here. If you guys can help me that would be great.

Thanx in advance Blue.
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

Is MySpace being accessed on a public computer by any chance, or on a computer anyone else uses/has access to?

A private computer, but the person he thinks may have done this is someone who has had previous access to his computer.
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

Your friend has not shared the account info with anyone? A myspace account is pretty low key and I can see why anyone would want to mess with one. Anyone else have access to this computer? (brothers, sisters, parents)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

No, the only people who does have access to his computer is himself. the two he believe may have done this are his two friends and his roomate. What they are doing is really messed up, they are screwing up his relationships. I personally told him that I beleive it is a key logger one of them may have placed on his computer. Are there any scans where I can find encryted files, or anything encryted on your computer?

Yeah, check for keyloggers or trojans, or if this roomate has any admin access to the computer.

Or check for physical keyloggers if these guys are screwed up. (Something between the keyboard plug and where it plugs into his computer)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

IMHO if they have had physical access to the computer and could have installed software on the machine I would recommend a full format and re-install. You could go through the usual virus check, trojan scan, malware check etc but there is alot of 'accepted' keyloggers which due to the fact they have dual uses (can be used for stealing passwords but also by parents, employers, etc to check up on staff) they will NOT be picked up by alot of anti-virus checkers as they are excluded.

The only safe way IMHO to deal with a confirmed infection of an unkown piece of malware is to format. Just backup all data and wipe oit clean!

Once done change ALL passwords - I would even go so far as to say that if he has purchased anything online with a card etc to stop/cancel that card and have a new one issued incase they decide to really **** around with him!