I am in no way a programmer so I figured I'd put this out in the community for everyone to tinker with.

The program: StegoTalk
The idea/purpose:
StegoTalk would allow people to chat back and forth using stego encryption.

How it works:

Each user would have a passphrase they setup.
One user would type a message and once enter is presssed the program would encrypt the message into an image then send the image to the other user where the program then decrypts it using the passphrase and display the message.

Several images/passphrases could be used for multiple chat sessions with different people.
passphrase lists could even be setup. For example new passphrase for each day/week/month/whatever.

The security part is that the message is encrypted then sent to the next user. this would mean no chance of anyone reading the message. encryping and decrypting would take place at each end automatically. No need to manually type steghide and put in the passphrase.

A thumbnail of the image could also be displayed so users could see if the image had been changed.

I would assume the program could also "autogenerate" images using patterns or user specified images.

Another cool feature would be to show how many char. can be typed untill the image memory is full.

Again I don't know how to program but I think this would be a cool standalone app. or maybe even a plugin for kopete/gaim/kmerlin/etc.

Let me know what you think.