Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for the ID crowed

Question for the ID crowed

Here we have one of the moer important figures of one of the largest christian groups in the worlds take on ID.

http://www.theregister.com/2005/11/2...n_not_science/

I accet that you have warped religious views, but what you push isn't even excepted in the mainstream of your religion, can you please stop trying to foist it on the rest of us?
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I'm just waiting for Bush to bomb the Vatican now to get rid of the those damned fundamentalist Catholics who are threatening the American way of life....yada,yada....

He argued that if it is to be taught in schools, then it should be taught in religion or cultural history classes, but that it should not be on the science curriculum.
    Excellent statement. Never much cared for the issue but I like this guy.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

In my mind religion of any kind has no place in school - I dont even think they should have R.E classes. Ok they are called RELIGOUS education but I know in my school they might as well have been called CHRISTIAN education. Other religions were ever barely mentioned.

R.E was also compulsary unless you got a signed note from you parents saying they did not wish you to attend for religous reasons (I actually attended and treated it just like history, even came first in the yr - and i dispise organised religion! lol)

But I still see no place for it - if a main-stream school started teaching about muslinism instead of christianity in an R.E class there would be uproar, and i dare say alot of people accusing the school of breeding anti-social behaviour problems, with i would hazard some extremists sayin the school was training a new wave of terrorists. Well its lucky people have short memories

People confirmed dead in 9/11 : 2948 (source: http://www.september11victims.com/ )
    Saxons killed in 777 by Charlemagne for refusing to be baptised : 4500
    Heh they were even so keen to masacre a few thousand they didn't care what religion they were : 3000 Christians executed were executed in the 4th Century by Emporor Constantine (the first christian emperor) because their interpretation of the bible differed from his.
    (source : William Manchester's "A World Lit Only by Fire- The Medieval Mind and The Renaissance")

But anyways am going of on a tangent here. Basically what am saying is no religion is the 'right' religion. Every religion has its 'skeletons in the closet' and none can be provided to be any kind of fact. So why is it taught in a place of education? Why are we filling the heads of kids with untruths, twisted history and fairy tales?

Actually I am being a bit harsh - maybe they should teach kids about the bible......it would fit nicely into their creative writing class!

I am sick of the religeous fanatics who try to ram it down our throats, I watched on CNN last night these twits taking a religeous class through this museum, where evolution was on display, you know the fake dinosaur bones and such.

The curator was tagging along and you could see he was coming to a slow boil, the two male christion teachers were debunking everything the museum was there to teach, such as the world could not be billions of years old, that in fact it was only 6,000 yrs old, I wanted to reach into the tv and strangle this ass, mostly because like the curator mentioned, most of the audience were children (so impressionable).

It's called "Intelligent Design" and to me it is scary, hopefully some of the US members don't rip my head off, but the christianity teachings of this propaganda, to our young is no worse in my opinion of the way the young are taught the Koran.

If it is drummed into your head, then at some point, nothing else matters.(cults,Communisim).

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/11....ap/index.html

Science can be backed up with the facts Ma'am, stories handed down through a multitude of generations can be and are skewed to those who tell it.

I can believe there was a Jesus, was he son of God, I don't know, I would be more apt to believe he was abducted by martians and sent back to mess the people up for future invasion, but alas something must of happened on Mars, because there is no one there now.

How conceited to think we would be the only intelligent (loosly) beings in this Universe.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Originally posted here by dalek
    I am sick of the religeous fanatics who try to ram it down our throats...

...If it is drummed into your head, then at some point, nothing else matters.
    If only it was presented as a POV as intended by the "intelligent" design option... instead presented as fact... but I mean you make a good point... Evolution for the longest time has been presented as fact too... is there a difference?

*awaits the flaming*

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    I'm with Dalek, if he wants to kill those two 'scholars' I'll come round and piss on their grave.

I can read papers on eveolution and have the evidence for the proposed theory and the experiments perfomed to back it presented to me.

Present to me the evidence and experimentation that supports ID. Waving a book rewritten to suit various leaders of state over the last 2000 years and telling me earnestly that this is the truth, just because, does not consitute empirical evidence. Neither do the phrases 'it's too complex to have arisen spontaneously' and 'we don't under stand and never will'.

300 years ago disease was considered to be a punishment from god, now we know it's not, no one new how birds could fly, the elements were air,earth,fire and water.

Religeon is/was and always will be no more then a way to control a population through FUD. "Do as I say or [insert god of choice] will com and get ya, only I can save you". It's also a way of explaining the unknown.

A crutch for the weak minded and an excuse for the barbaric.

<edit>http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11...ue_california/

I do like the title.

"God, please kill people in minivans. Thanks."
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

The proof of ID are Chickens. There is no other way to explain the fact the BBQ chicken wings and legs make such perfect finger food.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

alleyCat: Its not a POV...or at least that is not what science is about...science is about looking at nature and tryign to reason out the whys ID is about fairy tales.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?