Thread: Sad Day in Sports

Sad Day in Sports

Sad news for all of the Soccer/football fans who grew up watching this guy play.

Georgie boy

Terrible how fame and fortune can affect certain people.........
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

It is a shame that he has died at only 59. I have watched a few of his games and he was a very talented footballer. I will shut up now because I will only start bitching about alcohol, something that really winds me up.

AOs Resident Troll
    Sounds like he enjoyed his life.....

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds (women) and fast cars – the rest I just squandered"
    MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

He knew what could happen but he still carried on drinking etc so he obviouslt didnt care about himself.

I know you can have two schools of thought on this, but I think it's a shame that (hindsight being 20-20) that like what was said in the paper, that someone didn't take him under their wing like they did with Cantona.(or now with Rooney)

There have been all sorts of athletes, who have never looked after themselves,sometimes it comes with the territory, the bigger they get, the bigger the problem if they are not mature enough to handle the stress and pressures.

How can we say otherwise, I know I don't know what it was like personally for him,how he felt,how he coped, for all we know, he sounds like he was a very well liked person on an individual basis.

(lets face it, you don't think Keith Richards should be in the ground by now? )
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I know you can have two schools of thought on this, but I think it's a shame that (hindsight being 20-20) that like what was said in the paper, that someone didn't take him under their wing like they did with Cantona.(or now with Rooney)
    Someone has to be first ---- because of the mess he made of his life, todays turds [sorry , sporting superstar ] have a bank of people feeding them bullshit about how good they look et al..........

Georgie lived in the fast lane ....... and if he HADN'T have lived, he would have to have been invented

lets face it, you don't think Keith Richards should be in the ground by now?
    when you have THAT much money, you only get PURE drugs ......... no dog sh17 for HIM

I, for one, cannot stand football, the thought of watching overpaid ponces running around and screaming whenever a ball messes their hair ........... :aaaaaaaagghh:

but George LIVED IT LARGE

and for those who know the TWO greatest footballers who EVER walked this planet ....

I met Pele, In Santos, in a chinese restaurant, and I still prefer Georges way
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone