Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much Caffeine before you would die?

Re: How much Caffeine before you would die?

Originally posted here by gore
    [B]So how much Coffee could you drink before you died? How many Kit Kat Bars could you eat before the caffeine in them actually made you die?
    REMEMBER THAT CAFFEINE IS ALSO GOOD TO OUR BODY.....

Caffeine is known medically as trimethylxanthine, and the chemical formula is C8H10N4O2 . When isolated in pure form, caffeine is a white crystalline powder that tastes very bitter. The chief source of pure caffeine is the process of decaffeinating coffee and tea.

Medically, caffeine is useful as a cardiac stimulant and also as a mild diuretic (it increases urine production). Recreationally, it is used to provide a "boost of energy" or a feeling of heightened alertness. It's often used to stay awake longer -- college students and drivers use it to stay awake late into the night. Many people feel as though they "cannot function" in the morning without a cup of coffee to provide caffeine and the boost it gives them.

Caffeine is an addictive drug. Among its many actions, it operates using the same mechanisms that amphetamines, cocaine, and heroin use to stimulate the brain. On a spectrum, caffeine's effects are more mild than amphetamines, cocaine and heroin, but it is manipulating the same channels, and that is one of the things that gives caffeine its addictive qualities. If you feel like you cannot function without it and must consume it every day, then you are addicted to caffeine.

FYI

Dude... this was a humourous thread until you just ruined it with your egotistical crap. And FYI, nobody in this thread needs a lecture on the addictive properties of caffiene, much less a comparison to heroin or speed. Really. all of us have been addicted to it at some point.

Seriously, if you want to impress people, come up with your own ideas, and not other people's research.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Originally posted here by Striek
    Dude... this was a humourous thread until you just ruined it with your egotistical crap. And FYI, nobody in this thread needs a lecture on the addictive properties of caffiene, much less a comparison to heroin or speed. Really. all of us have been addicted to it at some point.

Seriously, if you want to impress people, come up with your own ideas, and not other people's research.
    he's just only contributing good post and to be impressed people here - what's wrong with that again??? who do you think you are to say that!

Who is he to say that? Who the hell are YOU to say where my thread can go. I'ts mine, not yours. And since everyone closes my drug threads I for one would like to say take that "addictive" post and shove it up your drug free ass.

My thread, my rules. I'm surprised he left out Cocain damages the heart and numbs most of what it touches while he was comparing it. And wow he didn't even mention how Heroin is the only drug listed in this thread that doesn't harm any of the organs.

Warning bells are up when a newbie stands up for another newbie's little ego.

WTF, I just saw this:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=272211

Who the hell are you the be nice to idiots police? If I wanted spam I'd get a hotmail account. Quit replying to so many damned threads every time someone isn't kissing ass.

Originally posted here by r3fr3sh
    he's just only contributing good post and to be impressed people here - what's wrong with that again??? who do you think you are to say that!
    SHUT UP!
    Your statements, could give me the impression of being an a$$whole in English, as I couldn't understand anything.
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    Hey Gore you'd like Irn-Bru.

Alledgedly has way more sugar and caffeine than Coke. Brought to you from the land of deep fried mars-bars and pizza.

Well my personnal fav is redbull (I drink on average 2 or 3 cans daily)

the LD_50 (oral administration) for caffeine is approx 10g
    a can of red bull contains roughly 80mg of caffeine

so (10 * 1000) / 80 = 125

i also normally suppliment them during the day with pro-plus (50mg), 2L CokeCola (12oz can is 45.6mg so it is approx 270mg) and strong coffee (100mg).

So my average consumption is :

• 2x Redbull [ 80mg ] - 160mg
    • 3x ProPlus [ 50mg ] - 150mg
    • 2L Coke [ 270mg ]
    • 3x Coffee [ 100mg ] - 300mg

Giving me a grand total of 880mg per day
    on top of which we have to allow for additional caffeine intake such as through chocolate etc but i think this would be quite low so I will ignore it.

this means that I am ingesting roughly 88% of the LD_50 for caffeine.....scary thought when I also think about when I go out drinking as well....vodka & redbull, Jack & coke...bound to put me over limit!

Man most i can manage in a day is around 40+ Coffee's.
    don't particulary like Coke a Cola,
    {Probably because they don't put Cocaine in it no-more, oh those were the days. }
    i don't like the taste of those energy drinks, just to sweet for me.

i find that when i try to go without coffee's i'm all angry and just carn't concentrate, so i think i've found my Drug of choice..

God help the World when they ban Coffee.

Well, after being weaned on tea, it looks like 1003.1 would get to me.Turned off of coffee, after watching them make it on the Ship, Industrial Coffee pot with the sight glass, nice and brown in the wee hours, nice and black by noon, usually used to fix potholes by then.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson