• Automated, regular scans with Automated review + Alerts

1 25.00%
  • One of the above + outsourced scanning

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: p2p softwares

p2p softwares

people,

the p2p discussion is going like real hot these days. most of the topics have started in a totally different topic and have ended in a big discussion on p2p softwares
    here i am giving some of the popupar ones.
    am giving a poll option for everybody to give their views.

some of them:-

1) limewire
    2) kazaa (which is supposedly going into extinction)
    3) edonkey
    4) emule
    5) torrent
    6) morpheus
    7) warez
    8) imesh
    9) bearshare
    10) k-lite
    11) winmx

am sure people have more of them around.

cheers
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Dead Man Walking
    What about sharezza? IMHO one of the better p2p clients to use if you absolutley must use something. Allways good download speeds and multi network acsess

SFTP via predefined users? Torret, I suppose, for blind sharing due to the community nature of it combined with the natural interface/protocol simplicity for widespread use.
    \"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.\"
    - Charles Darwin

If the material isn't sensitive, torrent. If it is, try http://waste.sourceforge.net/

I prefer torrents.
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.

Originally posted here by Mystery Man
    I prefer torrents.
    and so am i

is it true that file transfer is faster in torrents than with other softwares. went to the site and it claims this. as for me i have been using winmx and limewire for sometime now. cant say that i am not satisfied. but anything faster is always better.
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

I'm always surprised that Ares doesn't make lists like this. It's been my old standby for a few years now.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

I've been using p2p software for a while... It's actually how I came to enjoy a lot of internet functions... how I discovered IRC and all the joys surrounding it, including running my own server and eventually Linux...

If you are interested in the community surrounding P2P technology, check out http://www.p2pchat.net/

As a side note, I currently use Limewire on my Mac, and I also use xfs on irc... Which hasn't even been talked about and has been running for a very, very long time. You can't shut down individuals! [well you could... but I imagine it would be a very long arduous, expensive process...]

Hi

The file transfer speed largely looms over the amount of your bandwidth and the distance between the source from where the transfer is done and your pc. Both p2p and torrents are governed by these facts.

In torrents the client software on your pc firstly allocates the space for the download and then fills it with data. With torrents the data transfer is taking place from all the sources where the data is present in complete form and from the users who are currently downloading it. So if the no. of users are more who are downloading that file then you will get a higher speed. If content being downloaded is new then you will see more people downloading it.

In p2p networks the download takes place from users who have the full copy of the data. So if there are more users online with the thing you want then you will have more speed.

Overall torrents have an advantage that a user can download form the other users downloading that file.
    \"The Smilie Wars\" ... just arrived after the great crusades

.... computers come to the rescue .... ah technology at last has some use.