Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Amd Cpu

Yes, you still need paging files. Generally 2GB is the most you'd want, but it's safe to let your OS handle it if it can do that sort of thing.

PS: Having upgraded from the machine Mavro HAD to the machine he now HAS (except I have an NV7800GT and the ASUS A8N-SLI), I have to say, there is no comparison. If you try and run Fear on the rig he used to have, good luck to you.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Its all thanks to you guys for all the advice........I am hoping it a sweet rig..........

Guys, thanks so much for all your help. My computer rocks, I play F.E.A.R at 1024 and it rock. Its smooth and I love it so much. I bought the X-fi but I didn't noticed a big differnce of sound, maybe because I dont have a 5.1 or 7.1 surrond sound, but thanks for all your help.

GUYS, this computer rocks. I just beat F.E.A.R. What a game, and I almost got skip marks in my pants. WOW, well, thanks for all your help. I also bought the creative x-fi extreme music as my sound card. The only problem I am having with that is that the game doesn't pick up the sound card. I am already talking with creative about that. AGAIN, you guys ROCK.........

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Well... Glad we could help ... I would also like to recommend Quake 4, Doom 3 (and the expansion pack), Far Cry (make sure you get the patches), and Ages of Empires 3. These Games visually will put the xbox 360 games to shame and they're all fun as hell... And for a great MMORPG, Guild Wars...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

OK, glad to hear that you are almost there.

When you get the sound card fixed, you might bear in mind the position of your speakers. They may well be too close together and/or you might be too close to them whilst playing.

Stick in a music CD and walk about the room a bit to test this