Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AO Running Very Slow

AO Running Very Slow

For some time now I have been experiencing very slow reactions from the AO site. I thought it might just be my particular connection or something in my set up that was causing this, but it is not.

I have a 6 meg cable connection and I tried a 1.5 meg DSL connection of a friend. They both respond to AO as if I was on dial up. Perhaps even slower than dial up.

When this first started, it was intermittent ......or at least not all the time. But lately, it seems to be continuous. Very few times will a page load in a timely fashion. And some times, a page load will take an uncommonly long time, almost to the point of a time out.

What is causing this.....anyone know?
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hi Mox~

No idea, but I have noticed that recently as well (2.2 ADSL) I had been putting it down to my IP lot messing with the kit?

Haven't really studied it, is there any variation in the time of day when it happens?

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    its slow for me to and im on cable internet its 6:30 pm tues in texas
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Ive noticed the same thing, ive stayed away for a while because it was rather annoying me, I thought it may be my connection but obviously it isnt!

Ok that's a bit exaggeratted in my opinion, it's slow, not 56k slow..
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Johnno,
    It seems to happen at anytime from in the middle of the night to in the afternoon. Sometimes it is worse in the early morning, but it seems to be getting worse all the time.

Raion, it is worse than just 56k.....it is like downloading a 5 meg file on a slow 56k line.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hey Hey,

I've been noticing this lately... I've been wondering if it's due to Spybot and it's Immunize function... What browser is everyone using?

It's usually decent when I'm in firefox... and goes really slow in IE.. I'm thinking maybe the DB is getting really large because it's almost like it's having a hard time pulling out the dynamic content (posts for example)... At least in firefox that's what I see... in I it sits for a bit... and I always get messages about BAD URL Double Click blocked.. which leads me to believe it's related to SpyBot.

Peace,
    HT

only times I have problems with AO, I find a few other sites have the same issues..
    the only thing I have traced it down to is a DNS problem with my ISP..

you could try setting the IP of AO in your hosts file.. or
    try setting a few alternate DNS servers into your network settings..

dont have too much troubles at the moment.. but my ip is French today..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I have noticed slowdowns in the past, but to be quite honest, I've not experienced this in a long time. I'm running Firefox 1.5 and everything seems to be fine on my front.... This is from both my corporate network during the day and my home connection at night...
    - Maverick

i haven't suffered from this so called slow-ness of the site as of yet..
    usually use Firefox, or Konquerer.

I'd say maybe spybot has got something to do with it, cause of all the ads on the site trying to place cookies maybe clear your cache out check other settings..

f2b