Thread: When a Windows boy tried Linux. The Day the Earth caught fire

When a Windows boy tried Linux. The Day the Earth caught fire

Title is awesome huh? Anyway I've been reading this and thought it was a great look at how someone goes from using Windows for everything including their computer science courses at school, the laptop at home they use for reading the news, all the way to their TV hooked up to a Media Center PC.

How did they do? Well, read it here:

http://www.flexbeta.net/main/printarticle.php?id=106

Very interesting article, but why do i get the feeling that he has more experience with the distro then what he leads on?

f2b

He did have the I'm not a newbie thing about him. However, either way it's a great article for anyone new to Linux and what they face as a non windows person.

Agreed on the great read for those linux distro newbies.
    Heck i've been using Debian for a looong time now, and a few of the programs he talked about i never knew exsited.
    I especially liked the whole baked bean can project. I'm heading to the local store to purchase some of those things needed and try and build myself one..

f2b

I got to Day 5 then stopped reading.
    will continue reading it later
    intresting article..very smart writer.. of course he is not a newbie..very smart of him to write the article like this and make it appealing while proving lot of points of view ..

lool nice post

Banned
    Obviously the man wasn't a n00b, but look at his use of support forums.... Many people ignore this valuable resource.

They always do because they never had to ask a question before so they just decide you can't get help and from there on some people just say the crap with it. That's why I write so many newbie friendly tutorials, it's not that I can't write something more, it's just I'm trying to reach the newbies.

********** |ceWriterguy
    decent how-to on making the antenna. Finished day 6, got bored, thought about writing my own experiences..decided against.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!