Thread: php script and local file

Banned

php script and local file

what are the machanics of passing a local file to a scritpt on the web page ...

is it blabla.php?file.txt ??

or the '?' isn't used

Um, I don't understand your question. What I THINK you are trying to ask is how to compile a txt file to a php file, or vice-versa...you don't need a complier, you just rename the file to .php, if when you try to rename it in notepad, and it comes up as "index.php.txt" then you have to add .php as an extension, tell me if you need that.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Banned
    if you're using $_GET['blah'], then you want index.php?blah=whatever_blah_is but i don't understand what you mean by passing a file.. you're passing a value for the var blah.

If by passing a file you mean uploading a file via a web script, just check out the following in the PHP Manual: http://ca.php.net/manual/en/features...ad.post-method
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?