View Poll Results: Will we see technology that utilizes this capability outside of Academia

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

2 100.00%
  • Not a Chance

0 0%
  • Who Cares?

0 0%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So...why the Nic???

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Negative said I shouldn't post this because it would only prove what an airhead I am. Anyway, he posted that story several years ago...shortly before we met - I thought it was true. :s

My nic? *yawn* needs to be changed. The "story" behind it is that I like math and I'm a girl. Mystery solved. To the powers that be...please change my name to anything else - sans the "girl".

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Hi mathgirl,

May I suggest ... PicturePurrrfect ... or ... PhotoGem ... or ... FilmFilly ... or ... PhotoNegative ...

Eg

Banned
    Yeah... d0pp came about cause d0ppy got banned (*******s.)

D0ppy came about because it is a shortened version of d0pp139an93r, and I believe it was referred to as "cute" by some chick in IRC (can't remember who)....

As far as where d0pp139an93r came from... I skiddied doppelganger.... the origin of the nick goes back years... I just can't remember where exactly... very drunk times.

Mine comes from the fact that murchu is Murphy in irish but some oone beat me to it on paddynet. So then i modified it to be muracu which when deconstructed in french becomes roughly mur a cu = wall to butt. Or roughly Ass to the wall .
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Mine came from highschool one day. I tended to drive a weeee bit faster in those days and didn't adjust my driving to match road conditions properly. One day I was driving by my school at a slightly-higher-than-safe speed and hit a patch of black ice with 3 passengers in the car. The car ended up skidding and spinning down the road right past the school on lunch at around 100 km/h.

Everyone says when they looked at my car careening down the road it "streaked" like an airplane. I really dunno how that description came about, but somehow it did. Everyone in the car was just "shrieking" since they all thought we were going to have a catastrophic accident (luckily not).

So the description of the day was "streakin' and shriekin'", and from that day forward, people called me Streak. I figured if a name was forced on me, I should at least be able to choose how to spell it. I took the spelling from both words and came up with "Striek", just to make it different.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

chose mine because i've got tattoos on the front, and on the back.
    So front2back just came to mind and i added the .: :. just for fun..

Dead Man Walking
    Allways beena huge fan of zombie flicks. Also when I set my mind to something only death will stop me. Kind of like how zombies just keep comming no matter what. I know it sounds cheesey but thats life

CXGJarrod = CXG are the initials of the company I work for and Jarrod is my name. Easy enough.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

my friends and I were creating a security consulting service a few years ago. We named ourselves Level 4 Security (no I have no idea why). I needed a nick here, all the ones I have used in the past didn't seem acceptable at the time, so I just used lv4.

Yeah I know it is lame

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Paranoia

Many years later, I realized that Noia in a certain brazillian/spanish accent means girl....which explains all the random brazillian/spanish speakers who keep adding me on MSN!

Also figured out that Noia is the name of a certain KDE icon theme, which has caused alot of heat because people think i am trying to rip it off or something.

My nick stems from Paranoia as stated above because I am, as some of you might have guessed, paranoid, although, it has died down a bit in the past few years, gone from a paranoid disposition to I-dont-give-a-rats-arse,-Physical-violence-saves-all :P

I quite like my nick coz its short and sweet and not a common nick, although i have noticed people have started ripping it off in other places of the net, oh well.

Tangent: The whole AO persona I have here is acctualy quite old and hold a bit of sentimental value, ie; the Avatar I have now, and use all over the net, was provided to me by P2P-apocalypse waaaaay back in the day. It stuck. I even have a button with the icon on it
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.