Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IP Legal?

IP Legal?

Is IP Tracing legal?

Is there a way to find out who has traced my IP?

I have a continual hacker who says he keeps tracing my IP address.

Tracing you?How?How does he say he's 'tracing' you?And why?As to the legality,I doubt it's illegal,if all he's doing is noting what your IP is all the time..even if it was,I doubt you could do much except complain to the guy's ISP(if he's got a trojan or whatnot installed) though I wouldn't bet my life's savings on whether they'd take action.A little more details please.

Cheers

I am in a bad way. I am very low income and disabled and am so desperate for a good meal that I have resorted to cyberbegging.
    http://www.savemesites.com/pages/freepage.php?site=3527
    I am chronically unemployable - even to myself. And, my pc and internet are donated.
    While cyberbegging, a guy says he's traced my IP address to some place in some other country - he thinks I am scamming - I am not - I got a delivery from the food bank today, and will again on christmas by the local fire department.

And, again - he writes, either to me, or, places an ad online - that he has traced my IP address to a different address (I used a diff email)...Essentailly, he is a scrooge, out to bash the downtrodden.
    And, in the process, is tracing my IP address...

hmm....
    not easy to answer, but if you changed you email and he knows about it.
    than it can be some one from you "friends" or someone who knows you, who want just to play a little. or dumb spammer...

he/she sending mail to you, you opening that mail and your new IP sends away to sender.

or you got infected and some one watching you....

it makes brain out..., block that sender and check mail as spam
    // too far away outside of limit

Looks like spam to me

Mark:

No doubt you are in dire straights; however, begging on a security site is conducive of a scam. As this board is used to many different forms of scams and pishing attempts - yours does not look any different.

Your link does not reflect that of one who cannot get a job. One of the best programmers I ever met is wheel chair bound and only has the use of three fingers. One on the right and two one on the left.

Who set up your web site?

AND, if this "Hacker" is tracing to the wrong address, what's your problem?

Then, You'll LOVE MY (Patented) Inventions!

These are ATTRACTIVE PRODUCTS That YOU NEED To SEE!

These are Multi-Million Dollar Inventions;

Which, Have Only ONE competitor!,
    Looks like you have a future in sales!

/end edit

09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

I am sure..

I am sure my web page does not look any different from those who scam, and to those who just wish to see a scammer.

I appreciate that your wheelchair bound friend is able to work.
    Fortunately, he does not have my disabilities.

Mark

Thank you for your responses - I will check my IP chasers' emails as spam, and, look into legal action if he persists.

P.S. None of my friends are that into the internet that they'd know a thing about IP addresses.
    This guy is just someone trying to prove me to be a scammer and he cannot, and it pisses him off that I am telling the truth...he just needs to be a scrooge this season to someone...this year, it's me..

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ok... this is all pretty easy....

1. If you are a scammer, (I haven't even bothered to visit your site.... I don't do beggars... period), then quit bitching..... You're a loser that is failing to convince an individual and you are whining about it...... Your problem.

2. If you aren't a scammer you have some moron who doesn't understand the internet claiming that you are a scammer. But, from what you have said, the only thing he is doing is bitching at you.... Thus he isn't affecting your "business", (no-one is seeing or paying attention to his "ad online" - how many online ads do you pay attention to?).... So what are you worrying about?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

to a degree..

Not that I have 'business' other than a few kind donors of various smaller amounts, but, this guy IS telling other people, in an open forum - craigslist - lies about me - complete lies...
    He doesn't even care about proof...

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    He doesn't even care about proof...
    neither do we ..........

take the advice given
    ignore and move on

this IS the internet

and it's BIG

add his address to your junk file, and it will make sure you never see him again ......

as for tracing IP's
    it's not rocket science, and it's not particularly revealing to the vast majority on that there net.

live and let live
    one or both of you are being economical with the truth
    which, nowadays is a way of life to many

I repeat :
    move on ..........
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    As a proportion of the entire internet:-

How many people are your donors?

How many people is he preventing from being a donor?

Come now, be honest with yourself. You are pissed that some guy is telling lies about you. But, in the big picture it seems like you have bigger problems than wasting valuable energy on some uneducated loser on a crusade..... Go to Crains and ask him to give your _physical_ address. Explain that ISP's who's internet registration is in Herndon, Virginia, (like any AOL user would be Whois'ed at), doesn't mean that they live in Herndon. Then, politely ask him to provide, for the edification of the users of Crain's, your home address or shut the **** up and quit demonstrating what a lame idiot he is by not understanding a damned thing he is talking about.

Then ask him to come here and explain why you are a scammer..... What the hell, it's Christmas and we all need a good laugh....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides