Thread: Computer has been invaded!

Computer has been invaded!

My computers has been invaded by something that sends several email messages. Norton is going crazy trying to scan them all. There is no program name only this icon on my tool bar. Also I believe there is someone else attacking my computer because i have received messages. Please help cause I am computer clueless!

Welcome to AO

Go here How did I get infected in the first place have a good read, follow their instructions and after you have rid yourself of any infections, learn to protect yourself.....

Happy New Year.....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

what a way to get into the new year.

my condolences......
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

get on the web and download the scanners from

http://www.ewido.net/en/
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

The last one is "Spybot Search & Destroy"

run them in safe mode. then restart.
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    There is no program name only this icon on my tool bar.

Some type of malicious code is running in the background.

What operating system are you running? I will assume windows. If so, Open IE go to tools, Internet options, click on the 'Advanced' tab. Under browsing uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions" (requires restart) hit apply, then ok and close the program and reboot PC.

Also I believe there is someone else attacking my computer because i have received messages. Please help cause I am computer clueless!
    Do you have a firewall? If so, check the logs. Also, if you run a version of Windows NT you should also check the event viewer.What type of messages? Email messages? IM messages? or messages that just appear on your system like someone is messing around with you (example I can open your cdrom drive) <--messages like that? Need more information.

There is no program name only this icon on my tool bar.
    seeing the icon might tell us something. take a screen shot by hitting the key marked “Print Screen”, open the paint program and go to 'File' and select paste. save the image as a .jpg and post it here.

Also I believe there is someone else attacking my computer because i have received messages.
    What kind of messages....from friends, your firewall, Antivirus or what? What do these messages say? it would be good if you can include one of them in your screen shot.

EDIT: sorry Computernerd22 i just noticed you asked for more info but i'd still like to see one of these messages
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

something that sends several email messages
    Idk about everyone else, but to me that sounds like a worm...try running and online virus scan at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Idk about everyone else, but to me that sounds like a worm
    *COUGH*

A WORM?????

Sorry, worms don't email themselves out because the email requires human interaction and thus it wouldn't be a worm. It would be a virus which requires human interaction.... It could be a blended threat, (a worm and a virus mixed), but in either case the activity he is seeing is viral not worm.

Just keeping it real here.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides