Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ** HEADS UP ** IE vulnerability. EXTREMELY CRITICAL.

Computer Forensics
    Microsoft is supposed to move GDI to userspace in vista, which should cure atleast this problem of not being compartmentalized.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Originally posted here by hogfly
    Microsoft is supposed to move GDI to userspace in vista, which should cure atleast this problem of not being compartmentalized.
    You mean put it back as it was in Windows NT 3.5?

Anyway.. keep watching the skies. Next week could see an even more widespread exploitation I guess.

Could anyone provide some useful information/procedures, how I could go about testing this on a computer LAN'ed with me?

AOs Resident Troll
    Testing what???

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Exclamation ISC Back to Green!

FYI - In case you have not seen it yet:

Link: http://isc.sans.org/

Updated Story:
    Back to Green (NEW)
    Published: 2005-12-29,
    Last Updated: 2005-12-29 18:56:34 UTC by Chris Carboni (Version: 1)

As it has been 24 hours since we elevated the Infocon to yellow in response to the WMF 0-day exploit, we will be lowering the Infocon level to Green

An advisory has been released by Microsoft, working snort signatures are available and as a result of raising the Infocon to yellow yesterday, awareness of the issue has been raised appropriately.

Moving to greent signifies that no -new- significant threats are currently being tracked and is not intended to imply that the threat level today is any less than it was yesterday. See Infocon Levels for more information. Administrators and others responsible for system security are encouraged to act appropriately if no action or incomplete actions have been taken at this time.
    So for now... back to the drinking and festivities!
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

It's all clear.. It's not a vulnerability (again)
    And that fix is fun
    So.. YEY more beer..

BTW: I've seen a please download this wmf pop up in konqueror for this one 'nasty' site I was visiting..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    So for now... back to the drinking and festivities!
    Perfect.... Here's my new "satellite office".... Built by my own hands and the reason I have been so "quiet" around here of late..... It doesn't slope like that..... I was "sloping" while I took the picture.... hic...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hmmm,

It'll look better when you get the optics and beer pumps installed

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    The optics will be a problem since the bar was built to give the best view of the lake which isn't visible in the picture provided.... There is a fridge and a 32 bottle wine cooler built into the back though which works nicely for my "tinnies" and sweetie's wine.... The tap may come in the future as will the flat screen TV between the left hand two windows....

Here's a better view of the current setup.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

/* Completly off topic disregard this */

T_S //Puts on his best prisoner voice from monty python and the holy grail You lucky lucky bastard they must think the sun shines out of your fooking ass

The vuln could be spread easy P2P networks with an in apropriate file name
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/