Thread: Something Positive about the Internet

Something Positive about the Internet

Now this is a good story..... and it shows that the Internet can be useful......

Sisters reunited after 76 years

The sisters have now spoken on the phone
    A 79-year-old woman has spoken to her sister for the first time in 76 years after a neighbour reunited them with the help of the internet.

Doris Coughtrey, of Peterborough, Cambs, and her sister Irene, 85, of Maidstone, Kent, lost touch in 1929, when they were aged three and eight.

They spoke by telephone after Mrs Coughtrey's neighbour Gordon Low traced Irene using website Genes Reunited.

The sisters lived with different relatives after their mother died.

The pair, who had been born in Islington, London, completely lost touch.

Mr Low, 66, a retired car trader, said: "Doris was telling me this story and saying how she would love to find her sister.

"I'm quite interested in tracing family trees and I said I'd try to find her. I used a website called Genes Reunited and it took me about four days to trace Irene.

"She'd lived in Maidstone and is now in a nursing home there. They are over the moon."

Mr Low said the sisters had spoken on the telephone on New Year's Day and Mrs Coughtrey planned to travel to visit her sister in the next few weeks.

76 years since they talked with one another....amazing, how many times must each have wondered about the other over time....good start for 2006......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/4573276.stm
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Banned
    Your title implies the internet is overtly negative. Wheres um..Negative to close this thread...

Your title implies the internet is overtly negative. Wheres um..Negative to close this thread.

Hhhmmm a double negative.....brings us back to positive eh!
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson