Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ClarkConnect issues

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Unhappy ClarkConnect issues

I installed a ClarkConnect box into my system : I'm using it to 'filter' the web / system interface

adsl router ---> ClarkConnect ---> 16 way 100 Mbps switch ---> various boxes {XPPro / 2KPro / Fedora core 3 / Ubuntu}

problem is that the CC box is causing problems on SOME sites :

AO is fine
    any other forum is OK

BUT - on them, any animated avatars do not animate .... and here on AO, when a post is extremely pos / neg, it does NOT flash.

some sites {Ladbrokes for one} I get little windows that pop up to inform me that there is a fault in the load up, and as such the page may not work correctly, and I get the icon in the bottom left to confirm that it is loaded but with errors.

and I have also lost the ability to open Outlook, the error message reads along the lines of -

Task 'mail - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!'
    and the ISP home page {Virgin.net} does not load at all.

so far I've 'upgraded' to the office 3.2 version, and things are better, but I still have the same basic faults......

any help, ideas would be appreciated
    and I have been Googling for answers, and there is a CC forum but so far I'VE been unable to figure this out ..........

I have removed CC, and gone through the ipconfig/release then /renew to allow the adsl router to set the IP's, and without it the problem has gone, so it IS in the CC set up, I just don't know where .........

and to just remove it is not what I want to do, I want it to work

TIA
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

OK so no takers, so to bump and add details :

extremely pos / neg does NOT flash
    BUT
    old threads date DOES flash

are they on different programmes ???
    I have to assume so, as if it is blocking active, would it allow flash ??

I still can't find details
    so for now, I've disabled content filtering
    and I've got it so that it [CC] runs DHCP.

no more subtlety

HELP ME
    I will NOT be beaten by a programme

well, NOT in the first week anyway
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Hi Foxy,

no takers
    Well...I gave it a shot awhile back when you first posted but found nothing specific to your problem...even checked a few CC faq's with no luck...

I found a few general CC issues...I can go back and find them if no one else pipes up with a better answer.

Eg

cheers Eg :
    but I'm already going through those links ..........

Is this any help foxy ?

found the problem... and for anyone thats running clarkconnect out there DONT TURN ON "Banner AD/PopUp Blocker" All it does is search all GIF's for multiple frame code and strips it back to next to nothing!!! LOL Privoxy i think the linux package is called... and quite **** by the looks of it LOL
    http://www.valhalla.net.au/modules.p...&view=previous

I'll let you know

You have given out too many AntiPoints today, try again later.
    I'll be back

Further news on ClarkConnect :

I have upgraded to Office 3.2, from the Home edition [I paid for the license ]
    and now most things are back to normal, I assume the home edition was in need of 'fine' tuning, and I just aint a fine tune type of guy

BUT
    Outlook STILL cannot connect to the POP3 server for my mail

latest :
    I'm logged on now via a Fedora Core 3 box, using Mozilla as a mail client, I clicked on the mail icon, it popped up a window asking for the password to the account [it gave me ALL details] password entered, it buggered off and within SECONDS it D/Led four HUNDRED mails

So, if there is someone out there who recognises WTF I've done, could you please put me out of my misery ...

and for now, the password to the CC box is unknown [used my brothers account, and HIS password] so I cannot tune it today ...............

but I will need some advice as to how to either amalgamate the [now] two mail accounts OR how to drag 'em back to Outlook when it's all over.

Hey Foxyloxley

This is the first time I have heard of the program, however, I did search through the first 20 pages of their forum and found a thread about re-setting the mail if it's hosed.

I have been playing and broken my mail but not sure exactly what I have done. Is there anyway of uninstalling everything related to the mail systems and then reinstalling all the modules or do I have to go back to a clean install??

Laurie

Re: I have broken my Mail
    #78987 - 10/31/05 12:55 AM

Code:

apt-get remove cc-postfix cc-postfix-report postfix postfix-pflogsumm
    apt-get update
    apt-get clean
    apt-get install cc-postfix cc-postfix-report postfix postfix-pflogsumm

Source
    I paid for...
    a sexoring?

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

OK :
    I have had to conclude that the CC box is working fine .............

as a 'test' I used the OE on the server to access my mail account [all done and dusted, and via the CC box]
    the Fedora box is having 'issues' with the MS 'natural' keyboard, and so is out of action, BUT the fact it got to the mail made me realise I'm looking at this from the wrong end ....

It is JUST the workstation with XPPro on that is at fault
    it will NOT connect to the POP3 server
    I get pop ups telling me that certain [IE6] windows have not loaded correctly, and as such they may not display correctly

so would someone think that I've got a corrupted [slightly] OS ??
    and would they agree that using the CD to repair OS is the way to go ??

and one last ........ if /when I DO the repair, I won't lose any of MY stuff, will I ??

so again, sorry for the meandering, but it just seemed too much of a coincidence that the CC box was installed, and the XP Outlook failed to connect

lesson to be learned :
    when working on a NETWORK
    use ANOTHER box to try out links / connections / apps

Hi foxyloxley

I found this at elder geek:
    Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer6 and Outlook Express 6

According to Microsoft, if you are having trouble with either Internet Explorer 6 or Outlook Express 6 because of damaged files or missing registration information (XP registration trouble, not your name and address) you will need to either reinstall or repair the affected installation. I'm going to go over two ways that Microsoft suggests for dealing with IE6 and OE6 problems. Read over the entire article before making a decision about which method to use. At the end of Method II I've mentioned what I'd consider the best solution to this problem.

Repair

If the program is corrupted, doing a sfc /scannow to check on the files, may point you in the right direction.......
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson